Hola ya'll! Well this week went pretty good for us here in Leon . The highlight I’d definitely have to say was going to San Luis to do divisions and to baptize Alfredo and by doing so completing his family in the gospel. I would have to say that family is a huge testimony builder for me in how much God loves families and how he puts the gospel in lives to save families. Alfredo had been waiting since February to get baptized because of special circumstances of his past but it was a really awesome feeling to be able to baptize him and know that God had forgiven him for what he had done. It was pretty hard to baptize him though because he is a huge guy, but I did it haha. It was awesome because I was able to see some of the people that were baptized while I was there and also some less active members that we helped while I was there. I did get eaten alive by bed bugs there in San Luis though haha. We were there in San Luis until Wednesday morning and there in San Luis we were able to do some divisions with some of the elders. That left us with 2 and a half days to work so that’s what we did haha. Most of the time we were busy getting Saul Olmos ready for his baptism on Friday. He is a young man of like 24 that listened to the missionaries like 3 years ago but for some reason or another didn’t get baptized. We found him one day while we were walking down some street (we were actually a little lost haha) but we decided to knock 2 doors and it just happened that I knocked his door and he saw us and recognized us and let us in. His family was listening as well but lost interest after a few lessons but he stayed interested and got baptized on Friday. So that was really awesome to be part of his conversion.
General conference was pretty much awesome as well and I learned a ton and the Spirit was really strong. Especially during the priesthood session which we were able to watch in English. I think we all can learn from the messages that were shared by the prophet and his apostles. I especially liked Elder Holland’s talk. Yesterday we actually decided that this week we are going to have special conferences with all the missionaries to talk about what we learned and commit them to apply the teachings. We are pretty much going to have no time in our area this week. Actually we are just going to have tomorrow haha because Wednesday is zone leader council and Thursday through Saturday we’ll be traveling through the mission. We are definitely going to need a miracle to find more people to teach because we aren’t going to have time to look for them. So yep we have a busy week ahead of us.
scripture Alma 38:12 12 Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness. I was reading this scripture this morning and was thinking about how this applies to all members as far as sharing the gospel goes. We need to be bold in our beliefs but not be overbearing with the people so that they can feel the love and spirit of our message. I know that if we all do our best to share our beliefs with others we will be blessed alot and will bless the lives of others. This gospel is true, learn it, live it, and love it.
Love,
Elder Price
Alfredo's baptism
Saul Olmos baptism
No comments:
Post a Comment