Monday, October 24, 2011

20 months today!

October 24, 2011

I was just thinking and I’m pretty sure that I start like every email saying "well this week was....” so sorry if that is repetitive, it’s hard to start an email differently every week when haha.   But anyways, today is transfer day her in the mission so it has been a pretty long day for us.  We went at 4:30 to go drop the elders that are going home at the airport and we there until like 8 until the last of them took off.  That’s always weird seeing people leave that have been in the mission for along time with me.  I don’t know if you remember Elder Sanchez that was my companion in Jesus Maria? Well he just took off today.  I can honestly say he is probably the missionary that I had spent the most time with out of any in the mission seeing that we lived in the same house in 3 different occasions and were companions for 2 months.  But the mission is like a cycle I guess, out with the old, in with the new haha.  So yep we also went to pick up some new missionaries from the bus station recently unpacked from the MTC here in Mexico, 6 arrived and they are all Mexican.  It’s kind of odd but we haven’t really been getting too many American missionaries lately.  I think they are trying to become more self dependent by sending more missionaries from Mexico and South America.  So we’ll be training them today and tomorrow.  

Something else that is really cool is that Elder Smith from McCammon is zone leader now so I’ll be able to see him a little more now so that’ll be fun.  I’m not going to lie though this week was not a very exciting week for us in our area.  It’s kind of weird but lately we have not been finding people that progress.  We’ve found like 30 new investigators the past 2 weeks but haven’t been able to find too many that progress.  We are working like crazy too so I guess it’s the whole with trials comes blessings after.  We did find one awesome investigator though on Friday, she is the daughter of a member and knows quite a bit about the church.  Her sister has really been doing a good job of helping her get interested and she even watched general conference. So that was a blessing that we received this week despite all the people that didn’t progress haha.  Elder Cruz and I are really getting along good though.  I don’t know if I told you but he actually went to BYU-I the same time I was there. But we get along well.  Well I’m going to get going because I don’t have too much time today, sorry there isn’t anything too cool that has happened this week.  I’m sure that this next week will be more interesting haha.

 Ether 4:19 “And blessed is he that is found faithful unto my name at the last day, for he shall be lifted up to dwell in the kingdom prepared for him from the foundation of the world. And behold it is I that hath spoken it. Amen.’  The biggest challenge of the gospel is enduring to the end but if we are faithful, we will truly be blessed.  I know it’s true and that really this gospel is true.

Love, Elder Price

No comments: