Monday, October 17, 2011

Hello Everyone!

Well, this week was pretty interesting for us.  We had some ups and some downs but I’d say it was a good week overall.  I’d have to say that the coolest thing that happened this week is that Coss was baptized (the husband of Graciela).  He is a really funny guy because he is like 70 years old but had a really crazy past so it has been a really interesting experience to teach him.  I guess he was a crazy partier and a semi pro wrestler but he really felt the spirit and is really trying to change.  It was a really good experience for his family because I think that they never thought he was going to change and accept the gospel.  They were pleasantly surprised though and were able to attend the baptism and the grandson was able to confirm his grandfather.  They were kind of losing their faith a little as well because I guess some anti-Mormons gave them some anti-Mormon literature but with Coss´s baptism they were really strengthened.  Coss loved it too.  I was the one who baptized him and I baptized him and he came up and then asked if he could do it again.  So I thought that was pretty special.  He was saying after that he never had felt happier before and felt like he was starting a new life.

Also, this week was a pretty hard week for the Estrada family because the grandma died and the whole family has been blaming them for it because they switched religions.  That’s probably one of the hardest things for recent converts here I’d have to say is that usually the family does not accept the change very well because this part of Mexico is really traditional as far as religion goes.  The bishop has really been helping them out though emotionally also some other members who live close to them.  They could use some prayers though.  

Also this week we have been looking hard for new people to teach.  We also had a really cool experience on Saturday after the baptism.  We didn’t have anyone to visit so we said a prayer and asked for a name to come to mind that we could visit and then my companion suggested that we visit some lady named Erika we had contacted a few days before so we did.  It was like 8 at night and we knocked and some lady answered the door and said her name was Catalina.  That was pretty crazy because during the prayer her name popped into my head but at the moment I was confused about who Catalina was but when she said that was what her name was it made sense.  We asked if Erika was home and she let us in and we taught Catalina, her daughter Erika and her 2 sons.  They are really awesome and accepted going to church but they called us early Sunday morning and said that their daughter-in-law was in labor so they couldn’t go to church.  So we are going to focus on them this week.

Today was a pretty fun day for us in the offices.  It was the last P-day here for some of the elders because they are probably going to have changes next week.  So we went to a breakfast buffet and ate a ton and then we took a stroll at the zoo!  Yep the zoo haha!  I’m not going to lie the whole time I was there I was thinking of Bryce in Africa.  I’d have to say that the zoos here in Mexico are alot cooler than the ones in the US because it’s all pretty much a petting zoo.  We petted buffalos, monkeys, and this boar thing.  I could see it being a little dangerous for kids though.  There were a ton of cool animals though.  Some orangutans were begging us for food which was pretty funny because they were like super fat.  The coolest part though was it was 2 for 1 today so it cost like a dollar and a half.  It was a good way to relax a little though.

2 Nephi 1:20 And he hath said that:  Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; but inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence.

This is a promise God gives us that is so true.  If we keep the commandments we’ll be blessed and if we don’t we won’t.  This is true and I have seen in a million times on my mission.  Learn it, live it, love it.

Love,
Elder Price


Coss's Baptism

No comments: