Well this week was definitely a very long week haha. Like I explained last week, we had special conferences in three different cities with all the missionaries in the whole mission. Last Sunday during our weekly meeting with the president and his wife we started talking about how we could help the mission and we all had the impression that the iPods we being a distraction for the mission and that we needed to do something about it so that we could have more success in the mission. We deliberated about it for along time Sunday night and also Monday morning and decided that right now in the mission we needed to get rid of the iPods with video or wifi for a while. So we talked about it with the zone leaders on Wednesday and they agreed to support the decision so in all of the conferences we invited the elders to give up their iPods. Most of the elders agreed to do it and many were actually really grateful because they knew that it was a distraction for them. The truth is that is pretty much all we did this week. We also made a check list calendar with some of the basic rules so that the missionaries can check the progress. We decided that if as a mission we can have a change, that at Christmas to get together as a mission to have a little activity. We are really hoping that the missionaries can have the desire to do better and be more obedient so we can see more success here as a mission.
We really did not have very much time at all to work in our area but Coss, Graciela’s husband, has a baptismal date for this Saturday so we’ll see if he is ready by Saturday. He loved church yesterday and we showed him the baptismal font and he seemed pretty excited. Also, Saul was confirmed yesterday. It was pretty sad, I guess his dad is really mad at him for getting baptized. He’s 24 so it’s his decision but it’s sad that his dad won’t support him. Also we can’t visit him at his house anymore which is also pretty sad because some of his sisters were listening as well. This week though we have a lot of work to do, we are planning on teaching some of the family Estrada’s family members this week so we are really hoping that they progress.
D&C 100:15 Therefore, let your hearts be comforted; for all things shall work together for good to them that walk uprightly, and to the sanctification of the church. I think that I might have shared this scripture before but it is a really good one. I was studying about hope this morning and learned that one evidence of hope is being at ease and trusting that the promises that God makes will be completed. I know this is true and if we "walk uprightly" everything will work out for us in the end. Love ya all
Elder Price
p.s. just so you know family something the president has really been stressing is only being on the internet for 30 minutes so that is why I don’t write too much anymore and don’t really write anyone individually. Know I love you all and I’m working on some letters.
No comments:
Post a Comment