Monday, September 26, 2011

Too good to be true!!



Sept 26, 2011

Well so this week has pretty much been an amazing week for us.  We have seen a lot miracles and really really excited because the Estrada family was baptized!!!  That was a highlight of the week but also I have some more news that I’ll talk about a little later.

Monday was pretty fun because we were able to get everything done that we needed to get done and then we were able to go to Guanajuato and go sightseeing for a little while.  It was super weird being back in an old area.  I saw a bunch of people that I saw before but unfortunately I didn’t find any members or investigators.  We tried to visit some converts, Angeles and Fransisco but they weren’t their so that was a bummer.  We went on a few tours though to some gold mine.  Guanajuato was like the highest producing silver and gold mining town in the world a few hundred years ago.  The mines are still functioning as well. We also went to the inquisition museum which was also really interesting. It was pretty interesting to see all the ways the Catholic Church used to kill people who sinned or read the bible.  I’m definitely glad that I wasn’t a Mormon missionary in Mexico 200 years ago haha.  Then Monday night we had an awesome family home evening with the Estrada Family and the Bishop’s family.  Oh and by the way all of this time I was on divisions with Elder Preece.  It was cool to be with him again after not being companions for a while.  I’m thinking that he will also extend his mission to see that family get sealed so that would be really awesome.  Tuesday was a super hard day for us though.  Like all day we tried visiting less active families but we could not find ANYONE.  It was pretty frustrating but it paid off in the evening when we went and visit the family Estrada.  We got to their house and there were like 15 people there.  I guess the Ana, the mom of the family, talked to all her sisters about us and the church and they wanted to hear us.  They all said that they had seen the drastic change in their sister’s family and that they all wanted that in their families as well.  So we started teaching them and they seem pretty interested. 

I’ll get to the best part of the baptism though.  It was pretty stressful though because the grandfather is super catholic and he confused the 9 year old boy a little but he ended up getting baptized with his family which was a relief.  The service was really awesome as well and a bunch of their relatives came to see it.  I ended up baptizing all 5 which was pretty cool.  I found out something interesting as well.  I guess that the day we met the family, the wife was about to leave Fabian because he was a drug user but then when she came home and was going to tell him we were there teaching him and then we taught her and gave them the proclamation to the family so she decided to see if it would work.  Since that day, Fabian didn’t ever use drugs again and that was like a month ago.  So really this family was so prepared by the Lord and I’m grateful that I was able to be a part of their conversion.

Also something awesome is Alfredo from San Luis is going to get baptized today!!! He was the one waiting for permission to get baptized.  The cool part is that I’m going to go up right now and baptize him!!! So I’m pretty pumped because all of my converts are going to be there. 

Well that is pretty much all I’ve got for this week.
Mormon 9: 21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.

This is true, just put it I practice love ya all!! got to fly... or I guess I’ll take a bus haha









No comments: