Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day!!

September 5, 2011

Hola familia!!! Well, happy Labor Day!! That is pretty cool that you all don’t have school.  I was reading the emails and was wondering why you were in Montana because I figured the kids all had school.  Sounds like you had quite the adventure and close call with the four wheelers.  That is really special knowing that God is watching over you all while I’m here.  But I do remember that part in my setting apart when he said that my family would be protected by guardian angels. 
This has been a good week for us and we have seen ALOT of progress here in our area.  The Fabian’s family is progressing really well and also Graciela (the grandma of the summer missionary).  We couldn’t teach her husband too much this week though and he couldn’t go to church because he fell down the stairs and is having health complications.  But, we had a miracle this week with Jorge who we were teaching like 3 weeks ago and then suddenly didn’t want anything.  I went to a different city with the president on Thursday and my companion went and visited Jorge and he wants to listen to us again and is know at 2 Nephi 25.  His brother and sister-in-law are also listening to us again and all three of them went to stake conference.  Also, Graciela went to stake conference and Fabian and Ana and their kids Liliana (14) Sebastian (11) Yahir (8) and Carmen (6).  So it was a pretty sweet week for us haha.  The stake conference was really long for them though I think because the bus didn’t there was a ton a people there so we sat further back so we couldn’t hear very well.  Fabian’s family has a baptismal date for the 17th so we are praying hard that they’ll be ready.  Also this week we have been trying to work better with the members so we went and visited some families that we hadn’t visited before and found a couple   of incomplete family.  We started teaching some guy that also had lived in Aberdeen Idaho and American falls.  He said he worked at a Mexican restaurant called the 3 hermanos or something.  He is the son of a member that has been baptized for 15 years but for some reason he never wanted to listen to the missionaries.  I wrote my testimony in a Book of Mormon and gave it to him so we are hoping that he’ll progress.
Today was pretty fun as well, it is my companion’s last pday so we rented out a soccer field and played with all the missionaries here in Leon (like 40) and then went to a Chinese buffet.  The buffet was actually pretty good which surprised me haha.  So, I’ll be getting a new companion next week so I guess we’ll see who it is next week.  Also, 12 new missionaries are getting here Monday so we should be pretty busy haha.  Well that’s about all I’ve for this week, I’m kind of short on time. 
3 Nephi 29:6  Yea, wo unto him that shall deny the revelations of the Lord, and that shall say the Lord no longer worketh by revelation, or by prophecy, or by gifts, or by tongues, or by healings, or by the power of the Holy Ghost!    I was reading this scripture and the importance of modern day revelation really hit me.  If we as members of the church don’t follow the counsel of the prophets and apostles, in essence we are "denying the revelations of the Lord" that is why it is so important that we always follow the prophets.  We are so blessed to have a prophet because we have the security that comes from knowing that God has a servant here on earth that can guide us through revelation.  I know that we have a prophet today and he literally receives revelation from God. 

Love you all,
Elder Price

No comments: