September 12, 2011
So...I got my new companion!! His name is Elder Cruz and he is from Arizona . he is half el Salvadorian he just completed 13 months in the mission so he’s still pretty young but he is really excited to be here so it should be pretty good this change. I’m not going to lie it was pretty weird taking Elder Martinez to the airport this morning. We had to wake up early so we could get them all to the airport by 7:30- it was pretty weird being there again because the last time I was there was when I first got here. Today has been a super crazy day though and I have not had like anytime to do anything. Right after we went to the airport we had to go the bus station to drop an Elder off that lives pretty close that was going to go home on a bus and then we picked up a ton of missionaries from the bus station and then took them to the offices and then went back and picked up the 12 new missionaries that all got here today. So we’ve been super busy haha. I never thought that I could get so many things done in one day. This week is also going to be super crazy because tomorrow we are going to train the new Elders and their companions and then Wednesday we have the zone leaders council. Then the next day is mexico´s equivalent to the 4th of July (the 15th of September) so Thursday and Friday are going to be pretty crazy haha. So we are going to see how this week goes but if all goes well we should have some baptisms on Saturday.
This past week went pretty well for us though. Elder Martinez finished really well despite getting sick and tired. Fabian’s family went to church again, everyone but the 14 year old daughter. They have a baptismal date for Saturday but I’m not 100% that they are going to be ready for that day. They are still progressing well still though. As well, Victor and Jorge have baptismal dates for Saturday. Victor says he’s ready but Jorge still isn’t quite sure even though he has read all the way to Enos in the Book of Mormon. Also, Abraham (the guy from Idaho ) accepted a baptismal date for the 24th and went to church yay!!! He is also progressing really well. Also we found a pretty cool family this week. We got lost going to visit a less active member and Elder Martinez just stopped in the road and said that we should knock 2 doors. So we knocked and found this family of 4 teenagers and their mom. 2 of them went to church with us which was pretty cool (fam. Olmos) Also, Graciela was baptized and it was an awesome service! I’ve got to take off though sorry but love you all!!!
Matthew 11:28-29 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." This is a really awesome scripture and really explains the power of the atonement and what it can do for us in our lives. I know that Jesus really paid for our sins and that we can find comfort and peace if we come to him.
Love,
Elder Price
No comments:
Post a Comment