Monday, May 2, 2011

We don't get to call!

May 2, 2011

Just kidding!! Well hopefully I tricked you all there haha.  Anyways some important info is that we get to talk to each other on Sunday!! wooh!  How we are going to do it is we are going to go to some recent converts´ house and I’ll call you all at 4:30 ´my time and 3:30 your time and you’ll get the number from caller ID and return the call.  That way we can avoid some of the confusion I caused last time haha.  We have to call early because Sunday is also the day we receive the transfers information.  I actually had a really crazy dream on Saturday.  In the dream it was mother’s day but we were really busy all day doing stuff for the transfers and we forgot to call.  So let’s hope that doesn’t happen haha.  I’m excited though it should be pretty fun to hear you all.

Well this week was an interesting week for some reason.  Just about all week we struggled trying to find people at home.  The kids here were still on vacation so alot of people weren’t home during the week.  Saturday was even worse though, it was Child’s Day down here.  It’s kind of like mother and father’s day here but they celebrate the kids.  I’m sure Kyle wouldn’t mind celebrating that day haha.  But even though it was pretty slow at times we were still really blessed.  We had a really cool experience on Wednesday and Thursday.  Wednesday afternoon absolutely everything fell through.  We could not find anyone at home that we had planned on visiting so we resorted to the back up plan, knocking doors. We started knocking on a street and knocked a few doors until we finally found someone that was home.  She came out and told us that she didn’t have time to listen to us.  We were both super thirsty though so I asked her if she would give us a glass of water.  She agreed and gave us water and while we were sitting there drinking it another lady came out of the house and said "hey elders how are you doing?" For anyone who has never been a missionary that is very good sign usually.  She started talking to us and told us that she was from Mexico City and lived by the temple there and had been to church many times.  It turned out though that she didn’t live in our area but lived in a different area in our zone.  The cool thing though was that we had planned to do divisiones the next day in that very area.  So the next day we went and visited her at her house and as well her friend was there.  It turns out that the friend had listened to missionaries here in San Luis about 6 months ago and even had been to church.  Also it turned out that the other lady from Mexico City had some pretty big connections with the church.  I guess she had neighbors that were members and they would give her food when she didn’t have any and that one time her ex-husband was beating her in the street and an Elder stepped in and stopped him.  The coolest part though is that her 3 daughters were baptized in the church!  So that was awesome and by the end of the lesson we put baptismal dates with the two ladies and the 11 year old son of the one from Mexico City.  God works in mysterious ways for sure.  So I was pretty grateful that we were in tune with the Spirit and we were able to find that lady. 
As well, on Sunday we were able to see the fruits of our labors.  We had 8 people at church and 5 with a baptismal date. Oh yeah! So this upcoming week we should be having a few baptisms :)  One thing that we are trying to do right now though is help out the zone.  I think that is the hardest part of being zone leader is seeing the zone struggle.  The zone in total has 7 companionships and in total we only brought 19 people to church.  So we definitely have some room for improvement haha.  Something else that is really cool that I forgot to say last week is that last week was the ward temple trip and 10 of our recent converts were able to go.  They couldn’t go inside but it was a huge step in getting them focused on going to the temple in a year.  Something else that is pretty cool is that in a few weeks at stake conference Jesus, Federico, Jose Carlos, and Reynaldo (the husband of Liliana) are going to get the Melquesidec priesthood.  I’m really nervous that I’m going to get changed this next change.  I don’t know why but I feel like it’s possible.  I guess we’ll see when they tell us on Sunday. 

D&C 88:67- And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.  I heard this scripture at church and I thought it was really cool.  If we keep our eye focused in the glory of God we are going to be able to receive more light which at times is compared to knowledge.  The more we do what he wants us to do, the more we are going to be able to understand and do.  Well I love you all and I’m super excited to talk to you on Sunday! I can’t believe this is my second to last call! wow time sure flies by.

Love,
Elder Price

No comments: