May 23, 2011
Well this was another week in the mission you could say. Unpredictable with the things going up and down for us. We were pretty disappointed because it doesn’t look like Fernando is getting baptized any time soon. It is almost like a Ricardo and Monica situation from Jesus Maria. His wife heard some rumors and refuses to talk to us or let us go in her house and told Fernando that if he got baptized that she was going to leave him. It was really sad because he really has the desire to get baptized. All we can pretty much do now is keep praying and fasting that his wife will have a change of heart and calm down a little.
This week we started doing something that I haven’t done too much in my mission but that I found out I really like. We’ve started going on divisions with the young men that are preparing to go on missions. It’s pretty cool because we can help teach them and also visit more people. It was pretty cool because I went with Jesus to visit some of his friends and neighbors. It was a really awesome experience to hear him testify about the church and to tell his friends the change that he has seen in his life. He is really decided on serving a mission and even told his good friend that he was willing to leave everything behind for 2 years. Wow. As well, in sacrament meeting pretty much all the people me and Elder Conrad baptized were asked to bear their testimonies about how the gospel has changed their lives and then we got to bear our testimonies at the end as well. It was awesome because yesterday was the first time the father of a family we are teaching had gone to church and almost everyone talked about eternal families. I sure hope that he felt the Spirit and will commit to doing the things he needs to do to gain a testimony. Also, something else that was super awesome is that yesterday Jesus, José Carlos, Federico and Reynaldo received the Melchizidek priesthood. It was really special seeing them get confirmed and knowing that they families are going to be blessed now by having the priesthood in their home.
Some cool experiences this week: Before we went to bed last night we found a giant cockroach and we burned it because if you don’t sometimes if it has eggs they will hatch. Good idea right? Hah! Not really! I think we really made his little cockroach friends mad and they sure got us back in the night. I woke up at like 3:30 and walked into the bathroom and there was another huge one in there so I was in there killing it (they are fast little buggers by the way) I got em though and went back to the room and told Elder Preece what happened and right then he looked over and there was another one on the wall right next to his face! Then I looked at my bed and as well there was one right next to where my bed is! So we both got up and turned on all the lights and the little buggers were running around all over the place! We killed a ton of them but I know there are still a bunch in there somewhere. So yeah that was fun falling asleep again haha.
Hel.3:28-30 28- Yea, thus we see that the gate of heaven is open unto all, even to those who will believe on the name of Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God. 29-Yea, we see that whosoever will may lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles of the devil, and lead the man of Christ in a strait and narrow course across that everlasting gulf of misery which is prepared to engulf the wicked— 30-And land their souls, yea, their immortal souls, at the righthand of God in the kingdom of heaven, to sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and with Jacob, and with all our holy fathers, to go no more out.
This scripture for me really shows the importance of scripture study. It says that if we read the scriptures we’ll know how to overcome the traps that Satan lays for us. I think it is really cool how it says it will lead us to heaven on the right hand of God. So if we want to go to heaven, we should probably read the scriptures. I know this is true and will really help us in our lives if we can apply it.
Love ya all,
Elder Price
No comments:
Post a Comment