Well, so yesterday we found out the changes for this transfer so I found out who my new comp. is since Elder Conrad is now at his house haha. It definitely took me by surprise but I`m going to be companions here with Elder Preece. Yeah that`s right the Elder Preece from my generation that was the first missionary I ever met outside of the MTC haha. The people here are definitely going to have a really hard time with our names. When we were in the same ward in Jesus Maria everyone got us confused and we weren`t even comps! So I`m thinking that I might go by Elder Precio which is what Price means in Spanish or we are going to have some confused investigators haha. This week has been pretty crazy though. Elder Conrad left to go to the offices in Leon on Wednesday so alot of our time was spent telling people good bye. Some of our converts actually held a little surprise family home evening in the church on Tuesday night which was pretty cool. I`ll tell you one thing though it was not easy trying to keep him from finding out when I`m with him all day haha. But miracles do happen and he didn`t find out before. On Wednesday he left at about 5 and when he left I went with Elders Mouritsen and Wilkins who are in the zone and worked with them for a while. I stayed the night there too and the next day randomly I got sick and started throwing up in the street while we were walking to an appointment. We went back to the house and they gave me a blessing and after, I felt just fine and we were able to complete the plans of the day which entailed 3 baptisms they had planned. It was really complicated though because the lock to the room that has the pump to drain the font was broken but luckily On Sunday I had gotten the cell phone number of the maintenance guy for the churches so he was able to come and help us out. It took a little while though which was a problem because we had to baptize one of the guys on his lunch break. He had to be back to work at 2 and we barely started filling the font at 1:40. By the time we had to do the baptism at like 1:50 there was only about 2 feet of water but it worked out and there was barely just enough water so that he was able to be completely submerged. It was just really cool because it was Elder Mouritsen´s last day in the mission and it was amazing to see how everything worked out perfectly in the end somehow. This is definitely God`s work. As well, the lady that was baptized that day was really cool. I was able to interview as well and she has a really strong testimony. Apparently the misisonaries had been teaching her about a month and a half ago but then they couldn`t find her for a few weeks. She decided to pray and ask God to send the missionaries back and the next day they showed up. So she and her son were able to get baptized. Elder Mouritsen left to Leon at like 5 that day so I was then with Elder Wilkins. He`s got about 2 months here and is from Vernal UT and is just a really awesome missionary. Anyways, we ended up buying pizza Thursday night off the street from some guy selling pizzas from his motorcycle. This guy was a really good salesman not going to lie and gave us a really good deal on the pizza only 50 pesos!! (about $4.50) but this pizza ended up costing us quite a bit more than that. Elder Wilkins woke up the next morning as sick as a dog. I felt fine but he had all the symptoms of food poisioning if you know what I mean. So we went to the doctor and picked up some medicine. So lesson learned sometimes what looks cheap and easy at the moment sometimes costs alot in the end (wow that sounds really profound haha). So friday we really couldn`t do too much but we helped another companionship with a baptism of a little 8 year old girl named Dulce. It was pretty funny because when I got there she decided she wanted me to baptize her. It was a little difficult though because she had a crazy fear of water so it took alot of coaxing from her mom and sister to get her to get baptized. It worked out in the end though. But yeah this has been quite the week though. I`m definitely ready to get my companion and get back into the normal work routine area. It`s really hard to share areas I decided. Sunday was pretty complicated because I had to go to my services at 8 in the morning and then we had to go to Elder Wilkin`s services at 10. I sure got the welcome in that ward though. I showed up and apparently it was missionary Sunday so the bishop asked me to give a talk. So I did haha. Then to my surprise they pulled us out of priesthood meeting and had us give the class to the youth of the ward about how to prepare to serve a mission. So yep, it definitely made me believe more in the importance of being prepared haha. But that is about all that has gone on this week. Definitely a really long week busy week haha.
D&C 88:81 "Behold, I sent you out to testify and warn the people, and it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor" as members of the church it`s our duty to warn those around us." In a quote from Pres. George Albert Smith it says something like this ¨We will obtain our exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom only on the condition that we share with our Father´s other children about the blessings of the gospel¨ (sorry i only have it in spanish so it`s a rough translation).
Love ya all
Elder Price
No comments:
Post a Comment