Well, another week come and gone here in Mexico. It’s been a pretty crazy week though and also really busy as usual. Monday afternoon we went up to Matahuala (a little town in our zone) to help the 2 companionships out there. It’s a pretty crazy place not going to lie. Definitely really ranchero as we’d say down here which would probably translate to pretty hick haha. They have bikes up there as well so on Tuesday I went on bikes with one of the companionships. Let me tell you after not being on a bike for a year and then being on a bike for a whole day really has an impact haha. I was definitely a little sore for a couple of days haha. We had some really good teaching experiences and were able to find a kid that is 9 years old who is not baptized and is part of a non-member family so that’ll give them some work to do. We had a really funny experience though while we were teaching this family. We were talking about Joseph Smith when all of a sudden like 3 sheep just wandered in the back door. So yes, we officially were interrupted by a bunch of sheep haha. That was definitely a first of the mission. So that was pretty fun being up there with them. We came back to our area on Wednesday in the morning and started working when we got a phone call and found out that Elder Conrad had to go to Leon to sign some papers so that interrupted our work day pretty good because I had to go with another companion of someone that had to go to Leon as well. I was able to do some baptismal interviews for them though which was pretty good. Well I don’t have to much time so I’ll cut to the best part of the week. Saturday, as a ward we were able to baptize 7 people as a ward. Elder Conrad and I baptized 2 and the other companionship baptized a family of 5. We were able to baptize Lili and Selene and it was really cool because the husband of Lili was able to baptize her. Also, the elders from the other ward that shares the church with us baptized 1 so we had a pretty crazy day trying to get a hold of baptismal clothes for all the people. It was an awesome baptism though and Lili said she felt really good about it. Then Sunday we had 6 people at church and we are hoping for 3 baptisms this week but it will be a crazy week because Elder Conrad is going home haha. He actually leaves the area Wednesday to go to the offices so I’ll be only in my area for part of the time. But yeah I’m doing great here just loving every second of it. Sometimes I’m too vague in these emails so hopeful there are not too boring but I just don’t have time to explain everything usually haha.
James 1:22 “Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” Get out there and do what the word says or in other words what the scriptures and the prophets say.
Love ya all
Elder Price
Selene's Baptism
Lili, Reynaldo and family
Excursion to Matahuala
No comments:
Post a Comment