Monday, July 26, 2010

Hola!

July 26, 2010


Family, I’m so sorry about last week when I had no time at all to write to you all but don’t worry I always read your emails even if I have to print them and read them later, so thank you for writing them. But this week has been pretty crazy. I don’t know if you’ve seen pictures of Guanajuato on the internet or anything but it is just a city built on a bunch of hills. These hills aren’t your normal hills either. They are really steep and most of them are so steep that there will only be like one road that cars can drive on up to the top. The rest of the hill is just pathways of stairs. I definitely think I’m going to have some pretty ripped legs by the time I leave this area. At the end of the day I feel like I have climbed to the top of table rock and back haha. It’s a good area though, definitely unique as well. Here is where alot of the history of the revolution and independence of Mexico takes place so there are a lot of tourists that come here from all over the world. This week I contacted people from Germany, Holland, and France and I talked to a few Americans (This one teenager was like wow you guys are everywhere aren’t you haha) so it has been pretty interesting. The branch here is really cool as well. It is a lot different than Silao because the people in this branch have been in the church for almost all of their lives while in Silao, most had been in the church for about 5 years or less. So that has definitely been a change as well. One of the ways that is most effective here is focusing on getting references from less active members and completing families that are partial members. So we have been focusing on trying to get the confidence of the members and trying to show them that we are here to help. This week we also had a change in the organization of our district/zone so we are now our own district with 2 companionships here in Guanajuato and we just got done having our first meeting which ended up being really good. For my scripture this week, I’ll go with a pretty popular one. Ether 12:6 (And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.)
which is on faith and how we don’t receive a witness until after the trial of our faith. This scripture can be applied to anyone. Our investigators need to try their faith by completing commitments and after they do this, they’ll receive their witness. As well, we as members of the church need to show our faith by living the commandments of the Lord, when we do this, we will receive blessings and also a strengthening of our faith. Well that’s all I’ve got for this week folks!

Love all you all!!!
Elder Price

p.s. we have a neighbor that has a donkey which likes to wake us up at 5:30 in the morning with it’s neighing thing that donkeys do... and I thought the roosters were bad!!!

p.s. the church is still true!!!

p.s.s. I have been trying to get pictures in this email but it’s not working so I’ll try again next week




Stair streets in Guanajuato


City of Guanajuato


Typical plaza Guanajuato


Another view Guanajuato

No comments: