Monday, July 12, 2010

Week....something

July 12, 2010

This week has been a good one. I officially reached my 2 month mark in Mexico and it’s been a good 2 months. This week we had the opportunity to bring 3 new people into La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de Los Ultimos Dìas and like always, it was really awesome. We did have to work for it though. About an hour before the scheduled baptism they texted us and said they weren`t prepared and wanted to wait. Apparently this happens in just about every baptism. My companion and the district leader went to try and find them to talk about it with them and after about an hour, they were able to resolve their concerns and we were able to baptize them. After, they told us how glad they were that they made the decision to be baptized. This week, we also had our first zone conference with the new president. He made a few changes to how we teach and how often we meet for interviews and zone conferences but they seem like they should be good. He is really stressing on how we need to challenge people to be baptized in the first lesson. Usually we do it the second but this should be good seeing as it comes from the First Presidency. Really not much happened this week apart from the usual. I did get a picture of Ryan and Erin´s baby though and I’ll have to say, she is a cutie. I have to say though, I have a terrible memory. I honestly can’t remember what I did this week. We knocked alot of doors and taught alot of lessons though. I’d have to say though teaching lessons is one of my favorite things about the mission. I love teaching about the restoration because no one here has heard anything about this message and the reality of it is, if they are willing to take the steps they need to, this message can completely change their lives for the better. My scripture for this week is one I love to use while I’m teaching lessons, especially to those who have a lot of difficulties in their lives. It’s Alma 7:11. I actually owe grandpa Longmore for this one and as well for the example I’ll use with it. It talks about how Christ came to the earth and suffered for all our pains sicknesses and temptations and because of this (verse 12), he knows how to help us and comfort us. The example that works really well in America is that the atonement is like a seven-eleven gas station (Alma 7:11), because like this convenience store, the atonement is open 24 hours every day. This example doesn’t work well here though because there are no seven-elevens. But yeah that’s it for this week. Love you all a ton!!!

Elder Price









No comments: