Monday, July 5, 2010

2 months in Mexico!

Today is my anniversary of being in Mexico... cool beans... and sorry for writing so late. We ended up having to go to Leon for our district meeting and I didn't have time to write this morning because we got hair cuts and my comp. washed his clothes at the laundrymat. It costs like 7 bucks so Ijust do it with the other missionaries behind our house in a rented washing machine. While I was in Leon, I got to meet the new president. He is a really cool guy and it sounds like he is going to implement some changes which should help out the mission. We're going to have a mission conference this Saturday in Leon so he can talk to all of us together. But anyways this week has been good. We had 5 people go to church this Sunday which was pretty good. We're also going to be baptizing a family this week which is always really awesome. There are 3 people in the family, the mom, Ruth, and 2 daughters, Stephanie and Dalay. The mom is divorced and is providing for her whole family by working 12 hour shifts at a factory. The daughter Stephanie is 19 years old and the daughter Dalay is like 10 years old. There is also a daughter who is 17 but she doesn't want to be baptized. As well, there is a son who is 6 years old named Juan Pablo. They are a really cool family and really need the gospel and the atonement in their lives so it was really cool that we were able to find them. We should also be able to baptize another family of 4 next week but I'll tell about them next week. This week, we have received alot of rain as well. It's a good thing that I have that umbrella and rain jacket or life would be pretty miserable. But the work goes on. It's pretty funny though to see everyone down here in all their warm clothes when it drops to like 70 degrees. I have to give my companions a hard time because they all come from parts in Mexico that are much hotter so they are freezing down here during the nights. They all sleep in sweat pants and with big old blankets and I sleep with shorts and a t-shirt with a fan blowing on me. I guess that´s just how it goes. Also, thank you so much for the package. I got it last Monday when I went to Leon and it is awesome. I especially love the hiachu candy and the syrup. The syrup here is not good at all. (By the way I am able to find pancake mix and peanut butter here) but it was awesome, I made me some nice peanut butter pancakes with hershey kisses to go with. I also really liked the "muffins." I really thought they were actually muffins and was a bit confused about what I should do with them because we don´t even have an oven. Luckily, my comp found that there was really actually a camera inside. So yes, thank you very much family for the package. I also got a letter from Michael Winters today which was pretty cool. I´m sure you hear more about him than he was able to tell me but it sounds like he is doing pretty good. Scripture of the week... Mosiah 27:11 and contrast that with Alma 5:46. It talks about how Alma was converted after fasting and praying for many days, even though he was visited by an angel. So remember, it doesn´t take a miracle or a sign to receive a testimony, the only thing you need to do is excercise faith and that faith will be increased. Anyways, I don´t have much time tonight so I´m going to have to just print off your individual emails and read them later but thanks for writing me!

Love you all,
Elder Price

No comments: