Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Guanajuato!

Monday July 19, 2010

Hello family of mine. I’m really sorry that I’m emailing you so late in the day but today has been one crazy day. If you can’t tell from the title of this email, I got transferred to Guanajuato!!! It is really cool here and I’m excited to get to work. My companion is Elder Manzo from the state of Sinaloa. And he doesn’t speak any english so ill definitely be getting some good practice. As well, he wants me to help him with his English so we’ll be doing a bit of a swap of knowledge I guess. But I’m really excited for this change. I got to meet some of the members today and they are really awesome. One brother actually lived in Driggs for a while so we talked quite a bit about skiing and jackson hole so that was pretty cool. But our apartment here is awesome by the way. We rent one of the levels of a member’s house so it has a balcony over looking a gulley. As well, the member we rent from cleans the apartment every Wednesday :) and to top it all off, we have a washing machine!! But i should probably talk about what happened the rest of the week in Silao. This was a bit of an interesting week for us in Silao because one of the missionaries, Elder Del a Rosa is leaving tomorrow as he has completed his two years. I had the opportunity to go on splits with him a couple of times because he was our district leader and he taught me quite a bit. As well this Sunday, we were able to confirm the baptism that we had last week. It was pretty neat because we got special permission to do the confirmation in the family’s house because the sister has to work the next 2 Sundays and won’t be able to assist sacrament meeting when the ordinance is usually performed. But we did it in the house of the sister’s sister who has not received the missionary discussions or anything. You could tell though that she and her boyfriend felt the Spirit though and we were able to have a really good lesson of sorts after to explain our beliefs to her. It’s different to leave the area though because I don’t know what is going to happen to these investigators. I guess this is just when faith has to come into play. An Elder Brubaker from California came in and took my spot and he seems like he will do really good. Do we know any Brukabers from Rexburg because he grew up in Rexburg and we both thought we knew each other from somewhere... But anyways, that is pretty much my week in a nutshell. Sorry so short we have to be back soon though. As well, the scripture for the week is... wow I just realized I wrote the references down in my old agenda so I could use your help here dad before this gets posted. But it is when Alma the younger is converted. He was visited by an angel, but this was not when he was truly converted to the Lord. (Alma 5:45-49; 45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?

46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.

47 And moreover, I say unto you that it has thus been revealed unto me, that the words which have been spoken by our fathers are true, even so according to the spirit of prophecy which is in me, which is also by the manifestation of the Spirit of God.

48 I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.

49 And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and every one that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again.

A few chapters after this visitation, it says that Alma was converted after much fasting and prayer, it wasn’t the visitation by the angel that converted him, it was his exercising of faith. So yep we get converted after we put our trust in the Lord and do those things that bring faith, which is exercising existing faith... well got to run I love you all so much!!!


Love Elder Price
P.S. La iglesia es verdadera!!! (The church is true!!!)

No comments: