Monday, August 2, 2010

Hola!!!

Dear family,
How are ya´ll doing? Just so you know, I wrote you all a letter today so ill be sending them out this week sometime when I’m on the other side of the city where the post office is haha. But this week has been good. We’re still learning and trying to figure out the best way to work in this city. One thing I’ve found though is just doing something is better than nothing. Like president Hinckley said, "there really is no secret to missionary work, just work" something along those lines. Because as I like to say, investigators don’t baptize themselves haha. This week I found something interesting though. We went and knocked doors alot but the most effective thing was to talk to the people who were walking up the streets rather than the people inside the houses. We taught a couple of lessons just sitting on the curb which was pretty cool. As well, on Sunday we have the services for our branch at 9 and the other branch is at 11, so after our services, we went outside the chapel and just invited people to come in and see our chapel. We got 3 people to come in and meet some of the members and we set up follow up appointments with them for later this week as well. So as you can see we’ve been trying to get creative to find people haha. This following week will be a little bit different though as we are going to be in a trio until Friday because our district leader here is going to Leon for a training thing. So we will be working with his companion for half of the day in our area and the other half in his everyday this week. The scripture I have for this week is D.C. 14:7 which talks about eternal life and how if we keep the commandments we’ll have eternal life. and the address here is Calle San Ignacio #4 Colony Presa de la Rocha.

Love you all got to fly!
Elder Price

No comments: