Monday, February 6, 2012

Another week in Tacoland!

February 6, 2012 4:13 PM
Another week in Tacoland

Well, this week was definitely a bit more uneventful than last week but it was still a pretty good week for us.  A guy named Omar came to church with a member last week and we started teaching him this week and is really chosen.  He felt the spirit really strong in the first lesson and accepted to be baptized the first lesson as well which is always pretty awesome.  We put a baptismal date for the 16th and is progressing really well.  Also, I think I told you about Francisco who we brought to church two weeks ago.  Well he went to church with his wife yesterday which was pretty awesome.  He originally had a date for the 12th but we haven`t been able to teach him all the lessons so I’m pretty sure we are going to move it back a week and so him and his wife Rosario will get baptized together.  It was really a miracle that Rosario was able to go because she works every Sunday in a hospital (she`s a nurse) but she got permission to go this week and it looks like she should be changing her shift so that she can on Sundays.  We have been working really hard trying to find new people so hopefully this week we`ll be able to find a new family. 

Something that is pretty cool is that Guadalupe is going to go to the temple on Saturday with the ward.  Also, I might have the chance to go to the sealing of Federico and Martha from San Luis and it just happens to be on my birthday haha.  It might not happen that week though because they haven`t finished the temple prep. course but if they can, they will.  So if it all works out good Elder Preece and I will go with the ward which would be really awesome.  I talked with the elders that are there in san Luis right now and they told me that all my converts there are doing well.  Jesus Pardo is taking mission prep. So hopefully he gets out in the field shortly.

Well that`s about all I’ve got for the week haha.  I still can`t believe I’m only going to right 3 more emails home but don`t worry FLAP (Finish Like A Pro) haha.

2 Nephi 28:21-22 “And others will he
pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell. And behold, others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance.” I really like this scripture because it highlights how Satan works with the people.  Sometimes we don`t even notice until it is too late which is why it is importance to shun sin at all costs because it is too dangerous to be subtly led away by the Devil.

Love, Elder Price

No comments: