Monday, February 20, 2012

An Awesome Birthday…

Wow I feel really weird knowing that this is the 2nd to last email I’m going to write as a missionary.  I`m sure this happens to just about every missionary that is about to go home but every night pretty much
I have the craziest dreams about me getting home.  It just seems so unreal haha!  But I guess it`s like dad told me about 2 years ago "and it came to pass" really is true.  Today should be an interesting district meeting as well because I`ll be training on using time wisely.

This past week was a good week for us though,  It stopped raining so finally all the roads aren`t all muddy anymore.  We also saw alot of progress in Francisco and Rosario and they should be getting baptized this Saturday.  Also, my birthday was a special one.  I got my package and read some awesome letters that I`m not going to lie really made me trunky for the first time haha!  But no worries it was just for a few minutes, I`m still working hard haha.  But the best part of the day was that Omar was baptized!! yeah!! There is just about nothing more I like than baptizing haha.  He wanted me to baptize him as well but no worries there wasn`t any blood this time.  On Sunday we had 6 investigators in church and as a district we had 25 people in church so that`s pretty good.  We also had a really awesome experience on last night.  We had a meeting with the zone leaders (we as in the district leaders) and it got over at like 8pm.  It was kind of late and I had a headache and was really tempted to head home but I felt like we should visit a contact before we went home.  It took us about a half an hour to get to his house and we got there and he wasn`t even home.  It was pretty late so we were going to go home because it was about a 30 minute walk but as i was walking away I felt the impression to knock one of his neighbor’s doors.  I tried to dismiss it thinking to myself that no one wanted to listen to a message on a  Sunday night at 8:30,  I took about 3 steps and was still feeling like I needed to knock the door so I turned around and knocked the door.  I`m pretty sure my companion was thinking I was crazy haha.  Anyways some lady came to the door and we talked about how we had a message for her family and would like to share it with her family.  She invited us in and we started to talking to her and found out that she was a single mom with 2 young daughters.  We said a prayer and then I felt like I needed to ask why she let us in.  She burst out in tears and said that she hardly ever answers the door because she lives alone but she said that when we knocked she felt a "weird feeling" that she needed to go to the door.  It was sure a testimony builder because she is really in need of the gospel right now with all the things that are going on in her life.  I know I am never going to see her get baptized but it was really an awesome testimony to me of being diligent and following the Spirit. But all things must come to pass in their time.

Doctrine and Covenants 64:33 “Wherefore, be not weary in  well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.”  This is a scripture that can be applied to just about any situation.  If out of the small things we do every day, come great things and it is something that I have come to know for myself.

love ya all,
Elder Price

p.s.  Next week Elder Stowman’s parents are coming to pick him up and president gave permission to Elder Preece and me to go with him so it looks like will be able to visit some converts in San Luis.
Omar Baptism

 

No comments: