Monday, February 13, 2012 12:35 PM
Well this week sure went by fast. I guess the saying time goes by when you are having fun is true haha. This week has been pretty rainy here in Irapuato which is good because it almost didn´t rain last year and everyone was worried that it was going to affect the crops. I don´t know if I’ve told you but Irapuato is famous for their strawberries on an international level. Also they grow alot of lettuce, cauliflower and broccoli here. There is actually a very large Green Giant plant in my area and quite a few people that we teach work there. So even though we got a little wet it was good. Something that is funny that happened is that we were knocking doors in a downpour and some lady answered her door and we asked if we could share a message with her but she told us that she was too cold haha. We were like well... we are too haha but I don´t think she really cared too much haha. We saw alot of progress in Omar though and he´s pretty excited to get baptized. We originally were going to do it on Thursday but the temple trip I was going to go on got canceled so we switched it to Saturday. So that´ll be a good birthday present to me haha. I was pretty disappointed that we didn´t get to go to the temple though. I guess what happened is that Federico got baptized on the 20th of Feb. last year and so it has to be a least a year until he can get sealed. Missed it by 2 days haha. Also, Francisco and Rosario are progressing really well and accepted baptismal dates for the 25th. I´m really excited for them, they are an awesome family that has a lot of potential. We also picked up some old investigators from right before I got here. They stopped progressing in December but the father just lost his job which humbled him quite a bit. He and his daughter Michel who is 15 went to church with us. His wife was going to go but couldn´t because she got sick. But yeah still working hard haha. I think that it surprises my companion that I’m still working him hard. It was pretty funny I went up stairs after church and my companion was passed out on his bed with his feet still on the floor. I pretty sure he fell asleep changing his clothes ha-ha.
Today was pretty fun though, this morning we studied and then went and played soccer on a field with artificial grass against a team that the son of a member plays on. They are supposed to be pretty good but we destroyed them. I´m figured out that I’m not too good at offense but I can hold my own pretty well and defense. So right now I’m here with good old elder smith and here in a few minutes we are going to go downtown to get some souvenirs. But yeah, that was pretty much my week haha.
D&C 38:40 “And again, I say unto you, I give unto you a commandment, that every man, both elder, priest, teacher, and also member, go to with his might, with the labor of his hands, to prepare and accomplish the things which I have commanded. And let your preaching be the warning voice, every man to his neighbor, in mildness and in meekness. And go ye out from among the wicked. Save yourselves. Be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord. Even so. Amen.”
Today was pretty fun though, this morning we studied and then went and played soccer on a field with artificial grass against a team that the son of a member plays on. They are supposed to be pretty good but we destroyed them. I´m figured out that I’m not too good at offense but I can hold my own pretty well and defense. So right now I’m here with good old elder smith and here in a few minutes we are going to go downtown to get some souvenirs. But yeah, that was pretty much my week haha.
D&C 38:40 “And again, I say unto you, I give unto you a commandment, that every man, both elder, priest, teacher, and also member, go to with his might, with the labor of his hands, to prepare and accomplish the things which I have commanded. And let your preaching be the warning voice, every man to his neighbor, in mildness and in meekness. And go ye out from among the wicked. Save yourselves. Be ye clean that bear the vessels of the Lord. Even so. Amen.”
I really like to share this scripture with members because it highlights our responsibility as members to share the gospel with our friends and neighbors. I was reading a taught by Elder Haight yesterday and he said that the one thing that will really increase the success we have as a church in missionary work isn´t knocking more doors but members inviting more of their friends to listen to the missionaries in their homes. I have seen how true this is and really know that true success always comes from the members.
Love ya all,
Elder Price
P.S. Oh and by the way I just heard that Jesus Pardo put his papers in!!! Also, Alfredo is young men’s president and his wife Paula is the young women’s president! Cool stuff haha
No comments:
Post a Comment