Well this week was a really crazy week for us and a lot of pretty crazy stuff happened. Like I think I said we went on some splits on Tuesday and we had a pretty cool experience as well. I got off a bus with Elder Blackham in his area and saw this guy walking with his son and so I started to talk to him. I pretty much only said that we were missionaries and wanted to share a message when he invited us to go with him to his house right at that moment. It was right down the block and when we went inside he explained to us that he had a big drinking problem and really wanted to change. He had been listening the Seventh Day Adventists and the Jehovah’s Witnesses as well but said it didn`t feel right to him. So we talked a bit about the church and how we have the authority from Christ to help people and we left a pamphlet of the word of wisdom and a Book of Mormon. He is really progressing though is what Elder Blackham told me, I guess his whole family is listening and he and his 2 sons went to church on Sunday and he hasn`t drank since Tuesday. So that was a testimony builder that God puts us in the path of the people who need us.
On Wednesday and Thursday we had training sessions with the president. He talked a lot about the importance in helping everyone increase their faith in Christ so they can complete with the commitments and also the importancia of focusing in on the investigators. It was really good and helped me remember a lot of stuff that we can do to help the investigators progress. On Thursday president worked with another district leader in the zone and me which was pretty awesome, It`s pretty surprising but it was actually the first time that I had ever worked with the president even though I was with him for like 6 months haha, It was good though and I learned a lot. He really has an enormous amount of love for all the people and a lot of patience as well haha. He also did the baptismal interviews for Nico and his son Carlim
Friday was a CRAZY day haha. I woke up feeling pretty sick but we had to prepare the baptism so we walked the 30 minutes to the chapel and started filling the font and everything. Suddenly though I got more sick though and let`s just say I lost all my food from that morning haha. I think I must have eaten something bad. But the work always has to go on. We worked some more and got everything ready for the baptism. Let`s just say that it is a baptism that Bro. Nico nor I will ever forget. Everything was going good in the baptism up until the baptism. He wanted me to baptize him so we went into the font and everything went good until he went under the water. Instead of bending his knees he kind of just went backwards in the water and when he came up he nailed his head on the spout where the water comes out. We got out of the water but he was bleeding pretty good from his head so the bishop helped get it to stop bleeding and then they did the welcome and everything and after he had to go to the hospital and he got 3 stitches. It was probably the worst I’ve felt on my mission for a long time but he is a really tough guy and never even complained. He was joking with me after that he was never going to forget his baptism because all he had to do was feel the scar on his head. It still astonishes me that it happened. The Spirit was felt strong though especially during his confirmation on Sunday because he had asked special permission to leave work early to get confirmed and came after having worked 24 hours straight. He really has a lot of potential in the church,
1 Nephi 10:19 "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round." This is a scripture that was shared in the training session and really called my attention. If we seek diligently we WILL find and God will reveal to us the things we need to know exactly how he always has, through the Holy Ghost. I`ve seen this many times in my mission and know that really it`s true and that God wants to reveal his secrets unto us. His secrets can be things such as what we need to do while facing tough decisions or doubts we may have about the gospel. It doesn`t matter what it is, we just need to seek it and it will be given to us.
Love,
Elder Price
p.s. the church is still true even after 23 months ;)
p.s. I got my flight plans and I’ll be flying in March 1st at like 11 PM in the Poky airport. Sorry so late I didn`t get to choose haha. They almost sent Elder Preece to Alaska instead of Utah haha. So yeah I’ll fill you in on more when I know.
Nico and Carlim Baptism
No comments:
Post a Comment