Well, this was another great week for us and we received the blessing of seeing Josè get baptized. It was a really good baptismal service as well and he even shed some tears when Elder Scott and I sang families can be together forever. So it was pretty special baptism. His whole family went as well which was cool as well.
Also, we had a few miracles happen this week. We have been teaching this guy name Nicolas and he has been progressing pretty slowly and at one point he even told us that he never wanted to get baptized. We decided to let the spirit work on him a bit though and didn`t visit him for like 2 weeks until we saw him last Sunday after church and he told us that he had like 2 weeks without drinking coffee (a few weeks ago he did NOT want to give up coffee haha) so we visited him last week and challenged him to baptism again. This time he accepted without hesitation and is on date for the 27th. He also went to church and Josè`s baptism. Also, this lady (Alma) that the elders found a few months ago finally decided to leave her boyfriend, we actually helped her move out with the help of a member last week. It reminded me why I don`t want to have very much furniture haha. She is going to get baptized on Saturday though with none other than Guadalupe. We finally found her doubts last week and she is now really excited to get baptized. I guess she didn`t think that we had a water heater in the church so she thought she was going to get sick. She is definitely one of the most prepared people I have ever taught in my mission though.
Something kind of sad that happened last week is that family of 4 decided that they don`t want anything to do with the church anymore. It`s really sad to see a situation like theirs because I know they have felt the Spirit and know that its true but they just don`t want to keep the commandments. So that was pretty sad for us but I’m sure God has some more people in store for us to teach, we just need to find them.
Oh, I'm going to try and send some pictures of my area that I’m in as well. And yes, we do have to cross that river of sewage water every day haha. Oh, and the one with me and the tall elder is Elder Brady (a distant cousin). He went to the Christmas party.
Alma 4:10 "And thus ended the eighth year of the reign of the judges; and the wickedness of the church was a great stumbling-block to those who did not belong to the church; and thus the church began to fail in its progress." This is the Lord`s work and like it also says in Mosiah 27:13, "Nevertheless he cried again, saying: Alma, arise and stand forth, for why persecutest thou the church of God? For the Lord hath said: This is my church, and I will establish it; and nothing shall overthrow it, save it is the transgression of my people. the only thing that can stop this work from progressing is the obedience of the members of the church." Something I have a super strong testimony of now is of home teaching. It does not happen here and that is why the church doesn`t progress as much as it should but I know that if we all do our part that nothing will be able to stop this work.
ATTE
Elder Price
Elders Brady and Price
Jose' Baptism
"River" of sewage
No comments:
Post a Comment