Howdy there family... well this has been another super busy week here in Leon but it was also a really good one. Today is actually transfers again but Elder Martinez and I will be together for another change. This is actually his last change here in the mission. But wow! Yesterday and today have been pretty crazy. Yesterday all the elders that are going home were here. It’s pretty weird being here seeing everyone going home. I don’t know if you remember Elder McNeill from when I was in Guanajuato but he finished his mission today and his parents came to pick him up so I was able to meet his family which was pretty cool. But the transfers are pretty different being on this side of the phone trying to make it so that everything works smoothly here. Basically we call everyone and tell them where they are going and who they are going with and they then take a bus to their area. The fun part is trying to make sure that there is someone waiting for them in the bus station when they get there, so all morning I have been on the phone trying to get people where they need to be. This transfer as well is a little different because we 8 missionaries went home and not a single one got here because the MTC in Mexico is closed for repairs. So a bunch of future missionaries are helping us out by serving a 6 week mini mission. It’s pretty cool because one of the young men we worked with to activate in San Luis is going to do it and also another kid we worked with quite a bit.
This past week was a pretty good week for us. We went to Aguascalientes on Monday and I actually got to visit Jesus Maria for like 2 hours. I didn’t get to visit anyone though because we just went there to eat at this really awesome hamburger place with the president and his family. We went to that place that has the giant hamburgers. I sent some pictures of it a little while back but they all seemed to like it quite a bit. Then on Tuesday we had the zone conference there in Aguascalientes and it was a really long one haha. Like an 8 hour zone conference. After Elder Tew (my comp from the MTC) came back to Leon with me and we went on splits on Wednesday. So that was pretty fun working with him. The week turned out well for us though and all the 3 people that had baptismal dates for Saturday ended up getting baptized. So they were Isabela Ferez Perez, Maricela Navarro Martinez, and Rosa Martinez Urias. The baptismal service was really cool as well. There wasn’t even enough room for all the people that went to watch the baptism. I’ll send some pictures of the people who were baptized. We have continued to be blessed though even though we haven’t really had anytime at all to work here in our area. Saturday we didn’t have too many people to bring to church so we started looking through some of our old investigators and called some of them and 3 of those people came to church so that was a really awesome blessing. There are also 2 teenagers that are investigating the church and have been like 3 times and are reading in the Book of Mormon. They seem really interested as well but they are underage so we have to get permission from their parents to baptize them and they don’t seem too into the idea still haha, but the teenagers are going to go on a camping trip with the youth of the ward this week so that should be good for them. Well, I am really struggling to think of anything else to tell you about because I am pretty beat haha.
Doctrine and Covenants 121:7-8 “My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.”
I really like this scripture. Anytime I feel like life is pretty hard this scripture really helps me realize that life really isn’t too hard and that anything that happens will just be for a small moment and then God will help us overcome everything. I this is true and that if we just put our confidence in the Lord he will "exalt us on high".
Love ya all,
Elder Price
Isabela baptism
Maricela and Rosa baptism


No comments:
Post a Comment