Monday, August 8, 2011

Just another week in the field…

August 8, 2011


Well this was another pretty awesome week for us and we had some pretty awesome experiences as well.  On Tuesday we had the zone council was pretty good as usual. Nothing too exciting there haha.  I did have to do a training thing on working with stake leaders.  I was assigned it the night before but it went pretty well I think  Wednesday we had a pretty sweet experience as well.  We had asked for the list of part member families and we went to go visit one of the families that lived in some apartment buildings.  First of all we were really lucky because the door was open to get into the apartments and since that first time they have always been shut.  But it turned out that the family wasn’t home.  We decided to knock the rest of the apartment though.  I went to knock the door that was facing the door of where the part member family lives and I said a little prayer in my heart to have a miracle while knocking doors.  I knocked the door and this lady opens the door and just gets the biggest smile on her face and tells us to come in and called her husband in.  At first I thought they were going to be hard core Christians or something and just wanted to bible bash but then the husband said that they were actually members of the church that were baptized in Guanajuato like 4 years ago but had gone inactive.  They said that they had been thinking about going back to church because they wanted to get closer to God again and also said that they wanted their 9 year old daughter to get baptized as well.  They also said that they want to go to the temple and get sealed.  So I guess we completed our goal we made last week of finding a family that could get sealed in the temple.  Also, on Friday we had finished the day and were planning and a thought came to me that I needed to go to Silao the following day.  So I called president and he said that it would be ok if I went.  It was a little weird going back to where I started my mission but at the same time it was really cool.  I was able to visit some people who were active when I was there but had gone inactive later.  Also I was able to visit the family that was baptized the day I arrived in Silao.  The father wasn’t able to get baptized when I was there because he had a really big problem with drinking but he has gone 2 weeks without drinking which is his personal record.  I was really happy though because he committed to reading the Book of Mormon.  I told him that when he decides to get baptized that I am going to go back to baptize him so I’m really hoping and praying that he’ll be able to continue progressing.  Also, we were able to visit this guy that I met on the phone a couple weeks ago.  It is actually a pretty cool experience.  I was in the presidents office in our weekly Sunday night meeting like 2 weeks ago when I suddenly received a phone call.  I couldn’t answer it though right then though but I returned the call a little bit after.  I asked him why he called me and he said that he hadn’t called me.  I was a little confused though because I had just received a call from his phone so I started talking to him and asked if he had ever met missionaries.  He said that he had in like December and had been meeting with Elder Leaming who was here in this area in Leon.  He told me that he had moved from Leon to Silao because he was having some medical problems but said that he wanted to meet with the missionaries again.  I don’t know how though but after I wrote down the address after talking to him on the phone, I completely forgot to give the reference until like 4 days ago.  But it turns out that on Friday night, the missionaries there in Silao had made plans to visit him the next day not knowing that I was going to go there.  We met with him on Saturday and it turns out that he is diabetic and they had to amputate half of his foot so he is recovering but he says that he really wants to get baptized.  It was really awesome being able to see how much God wants to help this man and that he gave him a second chance to listen to the missionaries.  This is His work and His glory, we are just his hands.  I’m pretty sure that I am going to extend though, also I think Elder Preece will and Elder Stowman as well.  What a week haha.  This week Pres. Johnson is finally going to come so we have meetings with him on Wednesday and Saturday so that should be a really awesome experience that also comes with some stress haha.  I think the President is a little stressed as well.  Today we deep cleaned the offices so they are spic and span for when he comes.  

Alma 41:31 “And now, O my son, ye are called of God to preach the word unto this people. And now, my son, go thy way, declare the word with truth and soberness, that thou mayest bring souls unto repentance, that the great plan of mercy may have claim upon them. And may God grant unto you even according to my words. Amen.”  

Love ya all,
Elder Price

No comments: