Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July!

July 4, 2011

Well my friends and family happy 4th of July!!  Today here in the offices we celebrated the birth of our country in a pretty interesting way.  This morning we played soccer and basketball with the zone.  We played Americans vs. Mexicans and it was pretty fun haha.  They destroyed us in soccer but when it came to basketball we would usually win.  So that was really fun.  There was also a pond there so we substituted a firework show with a skipping rock show.  It was pretty wild.  Then for lunch today, we had a barbecue at the mission home with the president and his wife.  We had some super good meat as well.  Definitely some of the best that I have tried since I have been down here.  I don’t know if I have ever said but down here they don’t really have steak.  It is really thinly cut and not thick like American steak but the "steak” was a super good cut.  Not quite like a good American 4th of July celebration at Vern’s house but hey we tried haha. 

This week was another good week for us.  Alot of the people that we are teaching are progressing really good as well.  We have 3 baptisms planned for this week and 2 more for the next week.  One of the people getting baptized is a 20 year old girl and her parents are actually members but have been inactive for like 15 years.  Her boyfriend is a member as well, but she has been progressing alot and saw a baptism a companionship had on Saturday and now wants to get baptized.  We are also baptizing a daughter from another family we are teaching.  The mom, father, and daughter have been going to church for more than a month but the parents are Christians that were baptized in the Christian church years ago and they still aren’t ready to get baptized but we ate with the family last week and the daughter started crying and told us that she knew the Book of Mormon was true and wanted to get baptized.  She’s 21 and I could totally see her going on a mission.  We’ve got alot of people that are progressing right now and quite a few that are getting close to deciding to get baptized as well.

There was a change of plans this week though.  Originally Elder Johnson of the Seventy was going to come but changed his schedule and in now going to come in August.  This week though is the zone leader counsel and also we have a zone conference in Celaya and I have to give a presentation on teaching with the Spirit so that should be fun haha.  Driving here in Mexico is still pretty crazy.  We have a big 15 passenger van that we share with the secretaries and it gets pretty crazy sometimes here because rules don’t really apply haha.  But anyways we are doing good here.  I’m learning alot from the president and my companion Elder Martinez.  I definitely appreciate alot more all the work that president does.  He’s probably one of the busiest people I have met but always has the spirit really strong with him.

 Alma 34:33 “And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.  

We need to do what the scripture above says so that the scripture below doesn’t happen:
Helaman 13:38 “But behold, your days of probation are past; ye have procrastinated the day of your salvation until it is everlastingly too late, and your destruction is made sure; yea, for ye have sought all the days of your lives for that which ye could not obtain; and ye have sought for happiness in doing iniquity, which thing is contrary to the nature of that righteousness which is in our great and Eternal Head.”

Love you all,
Elder Price




Preparing food in the Mission home


No comments: