Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 1 in the offices

June 27, 2011

Hello yell, well I’m still recovering from the shock of being assistant but this past week was a pretty good week.  It’s definitely a little different than the past 16 months of my mission.  For one we live in the offices which are pretty nice especially since they just remodeled them.  As well we have a lot of commodities for example a washing machine and a dryer and even a microwave!  So yeah I’m pretty much living here in paradise haha.  It is a little harder though to get work in because we are in charge of training missionaries that are new and also the district leaders and the zone leaders.  I’m pretty sure that we aren’t going to get too much work in next week though because Elder Johnson is coming to visit the mission.  He’s in the area presidency of Mexico.  So we are going to tour the mission with him and president I’m pretty sure.  But we’ve also received a ton of blessings this past week.  We worked really hard when we had time and actually had 15 investigators that went to church! It was the most that either of us had brought in our time here in the mission so that was really awesome.  My new companion is Elder Martinez from Oaxaca and is a really good missionary.  He has been assistant for 3 month and only has 3 months left until he goes home.  So we are really getting along really good which is awesome.  The area here is really different from my area in San Luis.  It actually reminds me a lot of Guanajuato because it is pretty hilly.  Not quite as much as Guanajuato though and not as steep either so there are normal roads.  There are a ton of Catholic churches here though, in my last area there were only 3 and here there are like 50.  For that reason in the whole city of Leon which is bigger than San Luis, there is only 1 stake and in San Luis there are 2 stakes and are about to get another one.  So we have a lot of work to do haha.  It’s been interesting as well because we go to the President’s house quite a bit and he still has young children in the house.  We ate dinner last night and his 11 year daughter and 14 year old daughter started arguing about something and it reminded me of Nicole and Tiffany because that’s how old they were when I left.  So I got a laugh about that haha.  Some things don’t change between cultures haha.  But well what more can I say, I’m happy and healthy.  Can’t ask for too much more.

Mormon 7:8-9- Therefore repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus, and lay hold upon the gospel of Christ, which shall be set before you, not only in this record but also in the record which shall come unto the Gentiles
from the Jews, which record shall come from the Gentiles unto you. 9For behold, this is written for the intent that ye may believe that; and if ye believe that ye will believe this also; and if ye believe this ye will know concerning your fathers, and also the marvelous works which were wrought by the power of God among them.

This is a really awesome scripture that I found during a lesson one day last week.  It really applies so much to the people down here that are descendents of the Lamanites.  It made me realize even more that the Lord had such mercy upon this people that he preserved the writings of their forefathers.  It also talks about how the bible and that if you believe in it, you’ll also believe in the Book of Mormon.  We are so blessed to be a part of this church because we are the only other church that believes in the Book of Mormon and that Christ came here to the Americas.  I guess that’s why the Lord needs missionaries.  Someone has to teach this awesome message.  I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ and we can all know by the book of Mormon. I love you all and thanks for everything.

Love Elder Price

p.s. wow I can’t believe my little cousin Bryce is all grown up and taking off to Africa ;)


No comments: