Monday, June 6, 2011

An eventful week...

June 6, 2011

Well this has sure been one busy week for us here in prados.  On Tuesday after lunch we left for Leon to go to the zone leader’s council and were there until Wednesday afternoon.  It was really fun because now all the people in my MTC generation are zone leaders so we were able to talk about past times haha.  On Wednesday we came back with another missionary in our companionship so we are going to be in a trio until the changes in 2 weeks.  His name is Elder Gonzales and he’s from Peru.  He only has like 2 months left but he is still working hard.  We actually were able to split up almost everyday this week.  I would go with Elder Gonzales and Elder Preece would go with a young man from the ward.  We were able to cover alot more ground this way and visit alot more people.  We actually had a super awesome week.  We ended up having 11 investigators in sacrament meeting and about 6 of them have a baptismal date.  I really don’t know how we were able to find all these people haha and most of them in like 3 days of work.  Some guy contacted Elder Preece in the street and told him that he was from Mexico City and has an aunt that is a member of the church that apparently always tells him that he should get baptized so he asked Elder Preece if we could baptize him.  Of course we didn’t turn the offer down.  He went to church yesterday and his baptism is planned for the 19th.  We also had the opportunity to see Cecilia get baptized.  She’s a lady that is probably about 50 years old and we’ve been teaching her for like 2 months.  I actually didn’t expect her to get baptized this week but we went and visited her on Tuesday and challenged her to get baptized on Saturday and she agreed.  So that was pretty awesome haha.  Lucio also went to church again yesterday and is starting to get some friends at church so it looks like he’ll be ready by next Saturday as well.  Also there is this lady that is part of the Ruelas family that we reactivated named Laura.  She lives with the son and has a kid with him but isn’t married to him.  She has said before that she wanted to get baptized but her husband didn’t want to get married to here.  But she’s pregnant right now and the insurance doesn’t cover here so she is going to get married and she said that as soon as she does she’ll get baptized so we are hoping that all that happens next week. 
Funny story that was really cool.  So when we were going to Leon there was randomly a Japanese kid on the bus.  I started talking to him and it turned out that he was from a city that was pretty close to Iwamizawa where I went when I visited Japan.  He had never met missionaries before and he didn’t know too much Spanish so it was kind of hard to explain to him what was going on.  I gave him a pamphlet though so hopefully someday he’ll be able to see the missionaries and remember that I talked to him on the bus.

Well here in a few minutes I’m going to go up to Matehuala to work with the elders there and then on Thursday I have to take a 6 hour bus ride from Matehuala to Leon to sign some papers for immigration so this should be a really interesting week. 

Moroni 7 33-35 I like this scripture alot because it talks about faith and how faith leads to baptism and that God will show us with great power in the last day that these things are true.  I know that by having faith, repenting always and getting baptized (or keeping the baptismal covenant) will change our lives and that in the end we will truly know with certainness that these things are really true.

love ya all,
Elder Price








Cecilia baptism

No comments: