Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Transfers...

June 21, 2011

Hello folks, well yep another week of changes and I was taken out of Prados... mixed emotions I guess you could say because I really loved the area and we really had some awesome experiences there.  I actually still don’t know where my new area is yet haha.  All they told me was to go to the offices and that they were going to tell me where I’m going when I got here... But here I am and still don’t know where I’m going haha so hopefully I found out here soon.  But I’m excited to go wherever they decided to send me.  Anyways though, last week was pretty interesting for Elder Preece and I.  We were able to baptize Laura and Javier which was really awesome.  On Friday, Laura got married to her husband and then the next day she was baptized.  Her husband is a child in the Ruelas family that we re-activated like 2 months ago.  I actually didn’t think that I was going to see the day when she was baptized though because for the past 2 years all the missionaries that have been there have tried getting her married and baptized but I guess this was just the right time for her.  Also, Javier was the guy who contacted Elder Preece like 3 weeks ago and told him he wanted to get baptized.  Elder Preece took the pictures on his camera and should be sending them to me soon.  As well, we had a really awesome lesson with Xochitl and her family and a friend yesterday.  We taught the restauracion and Xochitl told us that she knows the church is true so she’s a pretty set baptism as soon as she gets married.  Something disappointing though is that I think Lucio is starting to lose the desire a little to change his life.  He’s started avoiding us a little and didn’t go to church on Sunday but hopefully this week Elder Preece will be able to visit him and find out what’s going on.  I was a little bummed, right when I got taken out of the zone Elder Smith was sent to our zone to be one of the district leaders.  So he went from Leon to San Luis, and I went from San Luis to Leon.  Well I’ve got a million things going through my head right now with changes and all and don’t remember anything else that I need to tell you all... oh I did just open my package just know so thanks haha!

3 Nephi 9: 21-22     21)Behold, I have come unto the world to bring redemption unto the world, to save the world from sin. 22)Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.

I love how it references that we need to be like children because they are always so full of love

Just got interviewed by the president and it turns out that my new assignment is Assistant to the president... so yeah didn’t see that one coming haha.  A new batch of missionaries got here today so we’ll be capacitating them tomorrow... it’s going to be a busy few months haha.

Love you all Elder Price

No comments: