Monday, June 13, 2011

Wow...another week gone and by

June 13, 2011

Hola familia y amigos, well this week has been pretty crazy for me as I was hardly even in my area haha.  On Monday afternoon I went up to Matehuala to work with the elders up there.  I actually had an experience that really increased my testimony about prayer.  I took a taxi from the bus station in Matehuala to a house where the elders were going have a family home evening.  Somehow in my excitement I totally forgot to get my suitcase out of the trunk of the taxi but didn’t realize it until a few minutes later when it started to rain and I was thinking about having to drag my suitcase through the rain to the elders´ house.  That was when I realized that my problem was a little bigger than just getting my suitcase wet haha.  So we ended the family night and the father of the family took us to try and find the taxi.  Matehuala has a population of like 100,000 people so it’s pretty big and there are quite a few places that taxi drivers can go, we decided that the safest bet was to go to the bus station where the taxi originally was.  This whole time I was praying like crazy that the taxi driver would have the impression to go back to the bus station because I had no idea what I was supposed to do for 4 days with just the clothes on my back.  We got to the bus station though and lo and behold the taxi driver was sitting there waiting and had the suitcase.  So I was definitely very grateful for my Heavenly Father for answering that prayer.  While we were in Matehuala we had some pretty cool experiences.  Elder Broadbent and I went together on Tuesday and visited one of the investigators they currently have.  She is from Puerto Rico and lived in the US for like 20 years so she speaks English perfectly.  She’s also a 7th day Adventist and her dad is a pastor.  She had been to church twice but she wouldn’t commit to a baptismal date up to that day but we were there and just testified that she could be ready to get baptized on the 18 of June and then we challenged her to get baptized and she agreed.  She went to church again yesterday and is getting pretty excited for her baptism so that was a really cool experience we had.  I was planning to stay there in Matehuala til Thursday but I got a call on Wednesday that I had to go back to San Luis because an elder had his appendix rupture so the elder that was with Elder Preece and to go stay with the comp of the sick elder and I had to go with Elder Preece.  Then on Thursday we had to go to Leon for immigracion and we stayed until Friday.  On Friday we were able to baptize the daughters of this lady we are teaching there names are Iyary and Itzel.  One is 12 and the other is 11.  Their mom wants to get baptized as well but for the moment isn’t married to her husband (step dad of the girls) because he was married before and his ex-wife won’t give him the divorce but supposedly they’re going to be able to get married in July.  We still haven’t met him though because he works out of town but I guess she was talking to him and he was pretty interested about meeting us.  As well, this week we have 3 baptisms planned and are going to help a couple get married and we’re going to baptize the wife of the guy  (he’s already a member)  as well, Lucia’s baptism is planned for this week and also Javier’s baptism.  So we’re just chugging along here haha and have seen alot of miracles in our area lately.  I’m worried for changes though next week.  I think I’m out of here.

Alma 32.41-43 “41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life. 42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst. 43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you.” This is an awesome chapter about how the word of God is like a seed(v.28) and how if we nurture it our faith will grow.  these scriptures say that if we do everything to nurture this seed it will bring forth fruit that shall spring up unto everlasting life and we will reap the words of our faith.  If we always nuture this seed our faith with grow and we will see the fruits of our labors. 

love you all,
Elder Price


 Sisters Iyary and Itzel with mom, brother, member who made the referral holding son Nephi,
Elder Preece and Elder Price.


Sisters Iyary and Itzel with "future missionary" who baptized them.

No comments: