Monday, February 21, 2011

News from sunny Mexico!

February 21, 2011


Hola ya'll well this as well has been a really awesome week. I’m so tired though because as a zone leader, sleep does not exist haha. But like the family saying goes "you can sleep when you die". I’ll change it to I can sleep when I get home in a year. But this week has consisted alot in trying to get all the missionaries all to their areas and get everything work out. We really had an awesome week apart from all the distractions. My birthday was a pretty normal day because I didn’t really tell anyone it was my birthday but the family of Federico found out and after we taught them we ate some cake. The coolest thing that happened this week though was that Federico got baptized. Like I said last week he didn’t want his wife to know so all week we had to plan everything in secret. On Thursday we went and did a review of all the lessons and he played it off really good in pretending he didn’t want to get baptized. It was kind of hard sometimes to know though if his doubts and questions were really real or if he was just trying to make it so his wife didn’t catch on. As well the wife thought that we were holding the baptismal interview to try and convince him to get baptized. So the whole time she was pretty clueless. We invited them to attend a baptismal service and we said it was to try and help Federico feel the spirit and want to get baptized when it was really his baptism. We also invited the sister to talk on the importance of baptism and asked her daughters to sing I’m a child of God with us. On Saturday, we went and got everything ready and had one of the new missionaries in the area dress up like an investigator named "Andro" So we did the whole program and the guy who was going to get baptized started to cry when we sung with his little girls. We had it planned that he would fake that he had a phone call and would go out and change and during that I improvised a 5 minute talk about baptism eternal families and the atonement and at the end I opened the doors and there in the water was elder Conrad and Federico and the sister just started to cry. I’m not going to lie it was one of the coolest moments of the mission. And don’t worry we had permission to do all the stuff we did and had the support of the bishop. Also, we had 8 investigators at the baptism and they all seemed to love it. Then on Sunday, we 13 people that came to church and this week we are hoping to baptism 8 people if all goes as we are praying it goes. But we are continuing to receive alot of blessings. Apparently an ex-missionary brought his girlfriend and her little brother to church and after the missionaries in the ward committed her to be baptized. So wow I don’t even know what to say...

Moroni 10.22 “And if ye have no hope ye must needs be in despair; and despair cometh because of iniquity.”
If we don’t have hope it is because we aren’t keeping the commandments "be good so you can be happy" great grandma Longmore.

Love you all,
Elder Price

p.s. the church is definitely true
p.s.s that is so awesome that Bryce is going to Africa

Pics the guy that was baptized and his fam, the birthday party,






Fedrico and his family





Happy 20th Birthday Raymond!







No comments: