Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Special transfers dun dun dun...

Hola everyone. So this week I´m not writing from Jesus Maria haha. As you might have noticed from the subject box, we had special changes haha. Last night I received a call from the zone leaders and they informed me that I was getting changed to San Luis Potosi. The craziest part is that I´m now zone leader haha. I´m here with Elder Conrad. I´ll tell you all what happened this last week though. On Martes I went and did divisions all day with an elder in my district. So that was pretty fun. It was kind of odd though because they are too cheap to buy new light bulbs so in the entire house there is only one lightbulb. On Wednesday, my companion was pretty sick so we went to the doctor to get him checked out. It turned out he just has a really bad cold and nausea. Thursday was when everything really started to get interesting here in Jesus Maria though. We were sitting there eating lunch when I received a phone call saying that we needed to be at the bus station in 2 hours to pick us a new companion. So we received a new companion and were in a trio for a few days. The name of the elder is Elder Duran and only has like 2 months in the mission but is a really good missionary. I actually learned quite a few things from him in the short time that I was with him. On Friday we had a pretty cool experience. We ate lunch at the bishop´s house and we were leaving his house to go back to work and some guy that was walking in front of us turned back and asked me if I remembered him. It was one of the tender mercies of the Lord though because I was actually able to remember him haha. When we were singing in a plaza in Aguascalientes right before Christmas he had contacted me and wanted to know more about the church. I gave him a Book of Mormon and the address to the chapel and didn't think too much of it. It ended up though that he has been reading the book though and is almost through Nephi and really likes it. We just happened to be on our way to the English class so we invited him to come. He told us that he already knew English but wanted to come along to see the church. So we taught him a really awesome lesson in the church. He didn´t show up to stake conference but I´m pretty sure he will come to church the next week. Then on Saturday, Elder Sanchez was even worse but didn´t want to slow us down so he would come with us but not say anything during the lesson. We called the president though and he told us that Elder Sanchez could go back to the house and rest if we locked him in. So we locked him in the house haha (almost all the houses here have to be locked with a key so even if you are inside you have to have a key to get out). So we got some good hard work in while he was sleeping haha. On sunday we had the stake conference that was a broadcast directed for the area of this mission. It was really good and Elder Holland spoke. Only 2 of our investigators came which was a little disappointing but this 2 are going to get baptized on saturday as well as the 8 year old son of some recent converts. San Luis is pretty cool though from what i´ve seen. I´m excited to get to work. But the church is still true even though the state may be different haha.


Moroni 8:12 "But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world; if not so, God is a partial God, and also a changeable God, and a respecter to persons; for how many little children have died without baptism!" This is a really good scripture because it shows the mercy that God has for the world. Many people believe that if a baby dies before it gets baptized, it won´t be able to go to heaven. This befief denies the power of the atonement which is a real power that can really change the lives of people and above all, save us from sin.


Love you all,
Elder Price

No comments: