Monday, November 22, 2010

Transfers!

November 22, 2010

Hola ya´ll, yep well today was transfers again and a couple things are now different. I’m still here in Jesus Maria but now I’m with Elder Sanchez. He was staying in the same house in Silao so we already know each other so that’s pretty cool. He has 13 months in the mission and is from Monterrey. Something else that is a little new is that now I am district leader haha. So not going to lie that was quite the surprise. We had a meeting Friday morning as a zone with the president and his assistants and after I went on divisions with one of the assistants. So that is definitely the biggest thing that happened this week haha. So now I am in charge of 4 different areas here in Aguascalientes. It was kind of funny because I didn’t know until just a couple of hours ago because they got mixed up last night and thought this other elder that was coming from Leon was going to be district leader but he ended up only having like 2 months in the mission and looked pretty surprised when we told him that he was district leader. We called the assistants up though and they cleared it up for us. But that is pretty much what we have been up to today. This week went fairly well. Octavio was not able to go to church because he was working so we are going to have to push back his baptismal date for next week. As well Victor is progressing really well right now. He was able to go to church again and also he quit smoking on Thursday and hasn´t smoked since. That was a really cool lesson. We were teaching the word of wisdom and he said he had a problem with smoking but told us that if God wanted him to quit, he would and he hasn’t smoked since. But right now I do not have any more time haha. I have to go do my first district meeting so this could be interesting ;)

Ok so the top part I wrote a couple of hours ago but the internet page crashed and wouldn’t let me back on. So I guess I’ll tell you how my first district meeting went. It actually went better than I thought it would. I taught the importance of teaching people and not just lessons. One scripture I really based alot of my lesson on was D&C 43:15-16 “Again I say, hearken ye elders of my church, whom I have appointed: Ye are not sent forth to be taught, but to teach the children of men the things which I have put into your hands by the power of my Spirit; And ye are to be taught from on high. Sanctify yourselves and ye shall be endowed with power, that ye may give even as I have spoken.” That talks about how we’re supposed to teach the people but in order to do so we need to sanctify ourselves so we can have the spirit. Then I had them do an activity about the importance of listening. I had them talk one on one with a missionary from another area about their area and problems that they were having and the other missionary was supposed to try and help come up with ways that could help them. It actually went really well. I was expecting it to last like 5 minutes but it lasted for like a half hour because they were helping each other.

That’s about all I have for this week though. Remember John 14:15, “If ye love me, keep my commandments.” If we love God we need to show it by keeping his commandments:)

Love you all, really I do haha
Elder Price

¡Haz lo justo! (choose the right)


No comments: