Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010

¡Hola familia! How is everyone doing in good old Poky? Things are just dandy down here in Guanajuato. We’ve been having some success here lately which has been really good to see. That lady I talked about last week whose name is Angeles as well as her son Fransisco are going to be baptized tomorrow which will be really awesome. I still can’t help but thinking about how we were guided to her in a time of her life when she really needed the gospel. As well this week, she was able to get over her fear of people judging her and she went and found a job so she looks like she is getting her life back together. As well we have a couple more planned for either the next week or the week after that we still aren’t sure when we’ll be able to do it because the lady fell and hurt herself pretty bad. But we’ve been really trying to focus on teaching incomplete and less active members. This family has a grandmother and a daughter who were baptized last year and some grandchildren and other family members who are listening to us as well. The grandmother actually lived in Aberdeen for a while and has been to Pocatello quite a few times so that is pretty cool as well haha. As well, yesterday, 2 people came to church who we have never talked to before. Apparently the guy is a nephew of the other branch president that meets in our chapel and he brought a friend with him as well. It was interesting talking to him though because he doesn’t believe in God but as we were talking, I really felt like he wants to believe in God. We gave him the Book of Mormon and he committed to read and pray. The good thing about Moroni's promise is that it is a promise and God is required to answer us if we pray with a sincere heart and true intention. One thing I’ve found this last month is that the Book of Mormon really does have power. Just reading it with people can really affect them for good and soften their hearts to the gospel. Hmm... what else... well today is my companion’s (Elder McNeill) birthday so I made him some American breakfast today of bacon eggs and French toast and later today we are going to go to Applebee’s which should be pretty fun. One random thing I saw this week that was kind of odd was a bus that in reality was 3 Volkswagen vans welded together, I wish I could have gotten a picture of it... I decided that that should be the next family car though haha. One thing that made me sad this week was a boy that was about 12 years old went to church and we gave him a Book of Mormon but his mom told us that he was catholic and couldn’t join the church even if he wanted to. It’s sad to see this happen because people really don’t understand the difference the gospel can make in the lives of their children. Some day I’m sure he’ll accept the gospel though.

Well the scripture for the week is, 2 Nephi 32:8 "And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the aSpirit which teacheth a man to bpray ye would know that ye must cpray; for the devil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray." This scripture talks about prayer and how the spirit teaches man that he should pray but the devil teaches that we shouldn’t pray. We use this scripture at times when people don’t want to pray. We tell them that if they pray, they are doing what God wants them to do and if they don’t, they are doing what the devil wants. Usually after this, they can understand them importance of praying. This can be applied to all of us though as well. If we don’t ever feel like praying, whatever the reason is, is when we really need to pray.

Anyways I love you all, keep doing what’s good even when you think no one is looking!!!

Love Elder Price

P.S. The church is true!!


Doing laundry!


Mexico Independence Bicentennial Clock



Alhondiga- a building famous in the Independence war







Elder Price


Elder McNeill










A few of the many dogs that run the streets





Elder McNeill's Birthday breakfast cooked by Elder Price








Maybe a power bar will give me a little more energy!


Guanajuato from the top of a mountain




















No comments: