Baptism! Yeah!
Hello family, I don’t have quite as big of news this week as I am hearing from up north with the whole sister/future brother-in-law thing, but it’s been going along this week. We were able to baptize Andres yesterday, the husband of the recent convert so that was an awesome experience. We were able to get him and his girlfriend/wife to separate for a few days until he goes to Chihuahua to work and then everything will be ready to get them married civilly when he gets back. This was one of the best baptisms we had though because we did it right after church so there were a lot more members than usually can attend so he could definitely feel the spirit of fellowship. As well, it was my first baptism in a regular baptismal font so that also made it really different. I’ll send some pictures of him and his family. This week, Guanajuato is gearing up for the independence parties so it’s starting to get a little crazy here haha. I definitely have never seen so many Mexican flags in my life haha. As well there is a rumor going around that Obama is going to be going to a city about an hour from me called Dolores Hidalgo but who knows if that is legitimate or not. Other random things that I did was I ate some cow heart which was interesting, it actually tasted a bit like deer meat, as well, I ate a traditional Mexican meal called menudo which is pig stomach soup. So I have been getting some pretty good culture this week haha. Also, we went to Leon again last night for more zone meetings. They have really been focusing on getting the investigators to read the Book of Mormon, praying, and going to church, so we have been learning some tips to help us accomplish this purpose. I really don’t have all that much to talk about this week because it was a pretty normal week, so know I’m doing good haha.
The scripture I’m going to share this week is actually one of the commandments which is, thou shalt not kill. This might seem like a weird scripture to use as a spiritual thought but this commandment can be applied more specifically to our lives. One way we teach the word of wisdom is we read this commandment and then teach that when we consume the 5 substances that we shouldn’t which are alcohol, cigarettes, tea, coffee and drugs. This is because when we partake of these substances, we are essentially killing ourselves. Both temporally and also spiritually. One problem I have seen extensively here is alcohol. Many people believe that they are entitled to drink it and that drinking doesn’t have any bad affects if you are in control. The only problem is, when people drink they aren’t in control at all, the alcohol is in control and since this takes away the agency of the person, essentially the devil becomes the master and the people become hardened to spiritual things. So remember not to kill yourselves and don’t justify yourselves either because as dad likes to say "you can justify your way to hell."
Love you all,
Elder Price
p.s. the Book of Mormon is true, therefore Joseph smith was a prophet and also the church is the true!
No comments:
Post a Comment