Hello everyone! This week sure flew by! I can't believe I've been out in the field for almost 4 months already! Time is sure flying by. Like dad says though, don't count the time, make the time count. This saying is definitely true when we are just working our hardest, the time flies by and we are alot more effective but when we are counting down the time til lunch or to go back to the house for the day, it just drags on and we don't get anything accomplished. Tuesday, we went to Leon for a mission conference. It was the goodbye conference for pres. Cox and was really good. Before though, we went to the McDonald's in Leon for some breakfast (I appreciate McDonald's alot more than before haha) but while we were waiting for it to open, some guy got nailed by a car crossing the street on his bike! So that was pretty scary, we ran up there to see if we could help but luckily the fire station was right across the street so the EMT's got there right away. He looked like he was in a lot of pain but was probably going to be ok. So yeah I've definitely been better at looking both ways before i cross the street haha. But i really don't remember too many details about what we did the rest of the week it just flew by. Tuesday night though the other set of missionaries in Silao had a baptism and they needed our help so we went to it, but it ended up that they didn't have any baptismal clothes to fit the guy that was getting baptized so they had him where the missionaries clothes and since I was the smallest, I had to wear the white overalls. They were definitely not meant for someone my size though and it didn't have a zipper so I had to wear my white shirt over it. It was so tight on me I couldn't even sit down. I'll have to send the pictures next week. My companion doesn't have the cord with him right now but it was pretty cool to baptize him. His name is Humberto and he is 19 years old. It just goes to tell you though, it's not the circumstances of the baptism that are important, just a willing person with a testimony and worthy priesthood holders. Friday, it rained all night and all day and Silao is not famous for their drainage system. There were streets that had a good six inches to a foot of standing water so that was pretty interesting trying to get across the city. Then, the colonies we were in that day didn't have paved roads so we got pretty muddy. It's nice to have a break from the usual sun though. As you all know, yesterday was father's day and of course our neighbors decided to play really, really loud music until around 3 in the morning! I was very grateful for my earplugs last night.
My scripture for this week is in either Mosiah 11 or 12, I don't have my B.O.M with me but I just thought it was interesting when it said Noah didn't keep the commandments but pursued the desires of his heart. We all know what his fate was too so keep the commandments so you don't end up like Noah!
Anyways, I love you all and thanks for everything you do, all you kids give dad a big hug for me!
By the way the missionaries that didn't get their visas got temporally transferred to Ogden.
No comments:
Post a Comment