May 31, 2010
Happy Memorial Day!
Well this week has been pretty eventful for sure. Last Monday I ended up having to go to Leon to sign some more papers at the embassy thing so that was pretty fun. Elder Tew and Elder Pinther had to come from their areas too so we had some time to catch up on what has been happening these last two weeks. I didn’t get back from there until like 2:30 on Tuesday so I didn’t have too much time to do anything that day besides knock some doors and taught some lessons. It was pretty funny in one of them; this grandma didn’t want anything to do with the church but was saying how I need to marry her grand-daughter. That was kind of awkward haha especially because the grand-daughter was in the same room so I just pretended that I didn’t understand what was going on haha. That excuse actually works pretty good because people don’t expect 2 white dudes to know much Spanish anyways so when people start giving us a hard time or drunks yell at us we just play dumb. We had our baptism Wednesday so we spent most of the day getting everything ready for that. It will sure be nice when I actually have a chapel in my area. Apparently they are planning on building one soon they just need a few more members and more activity so that will be cool once they get that because I’m not a huge fan of the house of prayer. It gets so loud in there on Sundays because there are a ton of kids and it’s entirely cement. I’ll have to send a picture sometime of it. I was going to send one of the baptisms today but my comp has it and he’s in Leon because he is going to be made a zone leader next week. The baptism went really well too. We felt good about it after because Pablo told us that before he had alot of bad words in his head but he can’t remember them now. Sometimes it’s hard to know whether to baptize the kids because alot of times the elders will baptize kids and they’ll never go again, but Pablo seems like he’ll keep going to church. But Thursday we knocked alot of doors I don’t really remember anything too specific about it though so it must not have been too good haha. Friday was pretty much the same I think. Saturday of course was spent trying to get everything ready for the big day which is always Sunday. We got a pretty good family to church the one I was talking about last week that accepted everything really quickly. This week has been rough on my comp though, I think he broke his foot so he has really been suffering this week. I think he’s going to get it looked at in Leon though. It was pretty funny in one of the lessons we taught this week, there were a ton of cockroaches running around. One of them surprised me and ran up my leg and across my arm. I thought that was bad until my comp told me after that there was one on the lady’s shoulder while we were teaching her. But yeah that’s about all I can think of... The scripture for the week is 2 Nephi 9 where it talks about when men are learned they think they are wise. I forgot my planner and it has the scripture in it but we were teaching a lesson this week and it just happened that some Jehovah’s Witness missionaries knocked on the door. That was kind of awkward for a while haha but there are a lot of Jehovah’s Witness missionaries here and they just use their own understanding of the bible to criticize everyone about what they are doing wrong. I’m so glad we have modern day revelation to guide us because they are really confused haha. So remember you can’t figure out everything by yourself, rely on the power of God.
Love Elder Price
P.S. the church is true!
No comments:
Post a Comment