May 24, 2010
Mexico Week 3!
Yep well this week was just about as crazy as the last week. We worked worked really hard and are really grateful for p-day today haha. But Wednesday we decided to fast with this family where the wife and the kids got baptized and the father wants to get baptized but is having a hard time with stopping his drinking. That was pretty intense not going to lie. Going without water for a day in Mexico is pretty rough haha. It’s paying off though he hasn’t had any alcohol since so I’m hoping we can get him baptized pretty soon. Pablo has been doing great too. We’re actually going to baptize him this Wednesday and I’m going to do the baptism so that should be pretty sweet. We also found this other family this week that accepted everything really quickly. We gave the husband 3 Nephi 11 to read and he read it and the next day we asked if he had questions and he said something about how it talked about how Jesus was baptized and he wanted to know if we could baptize him like Jesus was. That was surprising haha of course we agreed and then we taught him about temple marriage and the priesthood and he wanted that too. It was a bummer though because he lives like 30 minutes away from us and we couldn’t pass by his house to take him to church so we had a member do it and I guess he couldn’t come for some reason so we’re going to see what happened with them tomorrow. We were going to check tonight but apparently something happened with my papers so I have to go to Leon tonight to fix them so I’m going to spend the night in the office. Hmm... what else... well we were walking down the street the other day and this little Mexican boy that was probably like 3 just ran up and hugged me. We decided it was probably because he was pretty white for a Mexican and finally found someone who looked like him haha. One of our other investigators had a birthday the other day and so we went over for a few minutes and she fed us pig head soup. That was pretty interesting haha. Yeah I can’t really think of anything else cool that happened though so I guess that’s it for this week. My scripture for this week is 1 Nephi 8:10-12. We need to share the fruit we have which is eternal life/ the gospel of life with everyone so they can have the same joy we do.
Love Elder Price
No comments:
Post a Comment