May 17, 2010
This week has sure been a crazy one down here south of the border haha. I finally think I got over whatever I had on Friday so I’ve been good to go. I haven’t had time to buy new shoes yet though so I’m hoping I can get into Leon to get some sometime soon. But this week we did pretty good. We taught alot of people and committed alot of them to go to church but most of them had some sort of excuse when we went to pick them up for church. That’s one of the sad things we see here I guess is that people feel the Spirit but then don’t want to change still. It was cool though because a family we taught twice this week came by themselves and we also took Pablo again. Something that has worked good for us this week is we’d go talk to the kids because they think 2 white dudes in nice clothes are pretty cool. But we’d befriend the kids and then they’d take us to their homes and we would teach their parents. This works well because usually the hardest part is getting in the door and when you show up with a bunch of kids on the front step it’s hard to say no haha. It’s pretty cool though, in the MTC one of the teachers taught me a couple of basic little "magic" tricks and the kids here just die for them. This is how we ended up teaching the family that came to church. We’ve got a couple more that we need to check up on because we had a few accept baptism but didn’t come to church for some reason. Can I just say I really don’t like cockroaches at all? They are so annoying and can get into anything. Somehow, we even had a couple in our fridge! It’s funny though because they freak out when you turn the light on in the morning and go running but sometimes they slip and fall on their backs and apparently they can’t flip themselves over. I think it’s ironic that the scientists say that they could survive a nuclear war but they can’t figure out how to flip themselves over. But yeah everything is going good here. We’re going to Guanajuato today to look at some of the sights so that should be pretty fun. Another thing that is pretty cool is we went out to this "rancho" which is basically just a little town. But it was pretty cool because it was out in the middle of nowhere. We got some water from this house there and I was drinking it and after I finished the lady told us that the water wasn’t contaminated there so she gave us water from the tap. So yeah, I survived my first unfiltered water as well haha. But yeah that’s about all I have for this week. Oh yeah and I don’t have the mission address on me right now it should be right though. Is there one for the mission office? Because that’s where we pick them up at. But the scripture for this week is 2 Nephi 32:8-9. Remember to pray alot because Satan doesn’t want us to pray and usually it’s a good idea to do opposite of what he wants. So yeah the church is true and I love you!
Elder Price
No comments:
Post a Comment