Monday, May 17, 2010

Raymonds apartment in Silao, Mexico

Mexico week 1
May 10, 2010


Mexico is one crazy place for sure. So much has happened these last few days I don’t really know what to include. But I’m officially a missionary now that I got sick so I guess that’s good news haha. But last night was one crazy night. Apparently Mother's day here is more about honoring the virgin so they just partied all night. I woke up at like midnight and there was really loud music and people talking really loud. I woke up at like 2 and nothing had changed, then at like 4 I woke up because some bug was on my face but the music was still going! I was so glad I had my earplugs. But I went and bought a fan today so I shouldn’t have any more problems with bugs flying on my face haha. I’ll start from the beginning of the week though I guess. We flew into Leon on Tuesday and just did some stuff to get ready for the field. This was when I was first exposed to Mexican driving. Can I just tell you how crazy the driving is here? It’s like the high school parking lot but everywhere. I learned there are pretty much no rules as far as driving goes either. You can pretty much do anything you want as long as you don’t kill anyone. But Wednesday, I found out who my comp was and we went to our area which is Silao. It was pretty sweet we had 4 baptisms the first day I was here so I officially have 4 baptisms on my record already. The next day we went up to Dolores Hildago which is really famous for its part in the independence of Mexico. My comp had to do an interview up there because he is the district leader. Friday we did alot of door knocking and taught some pretty good lessons which was pretty cool. Saturday we knocked doors for quite a while in the morning but then I got pretty dang sick so we had to go back to the apartment where I pretty much just slept and puked for a couple of hours. That night was pretty crazy though. Some lady came over to get a blessing and while I was consecrating the blessing she fainted so I had to catch her and then my comp hurried and rattled off a quick blessing. I guess she has cancer. Sunday we went around all morning trying to get our investigators to church but how things sometimes go, we couldn’t find any of them so the only investigator we brought was a 10 year old boy named Pablo. So yeah this week has been pretty crazy so far haha. Tune in next week for more

Scripture for the week: Alma 17:11 this scripture really applies to me right now

No comments: