Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010


Hello everyone! Or should I say hola, but yep another week in Mexico. Last Monday was pretty interesting. I didn’t tell you about what was going on because I didn’t know how it was going to turn out. But anyways, I decided to clean the fridge out and I found this big container of pig-head soup that has been in there for a couple of months. We don’t have a garbage disposal so I figured I’d just dump it down the toilet. So I did that but I forgot that they leave the bones in the soup when they cook it. So I had to dig out all the bones from the toilet which was really gross. The worst part though was it still wouldn’t flush! We had to go pick up my companion though from the bus station so I had to just leave it. But when we got back, I was really starting to get worried so I put on a cleaning glove and stuck my hand down in the toilet as far as I could and yep, there was a big old bone jammed in there. I could not get it out either. I tried to jerry-rig a hanger to get it out but that didn’t work and so I was stuck. This was when the power of prayer came into play. I prayed saying how I was dumb but really needed help to figure out what to do. A little bit after the idea came to my head that I had acid from when I cleaned the bathroom the week before. So I dumped a bunch of that in the toilet and just waited hoping it would work. Lo and behold, when we got back to the house a couple of hours later, the bone dissolved enough so I could pull it out. So yeah that’s my dumb story of the week haha. But this week has been a really good one. We worked really hard and got 4 people to church and there are a couple more we found that couldn’t make it this week but should be able to the next. One of the four people actually went to church by himself which doesn’t happen all that often, so that was really awesome. His name is Josè and he has a wife and 2 little girls. He said that he read the book of Mormon, prayed about it and knows it’s true so we should be able to baptize him next week. So that was probably the highlight of the week. It’s nice to see results on Sunday after working hard all week. On Thursday though, we decided to try to find a contact I made at the grocery store. The guy is a security guard there and gave us his address. He said he lived a ways out of town, but we did not know what we were getting into. We started in the morning and walked for like a half an hour to the edge of town and asked about the bus that goes out to the little community. They said it comes every 2 hours and we had just missed it so we decided we’d just walk. Luckily we got a ride in the back of a pick up part of the way but it was like 5 miles away so we ended up walking for most of it. It took us like an hour to get there and man this town was so small and out in the middle of now where. I can almost guarantee there hasn´t ever been a gringo out there either. We went to the guys house though and he was asleep! and we could not get the mom to wake him up for us so we decided to just go knock some doors. So we taught quite a bit of lessons and invited the people to come to church but we didn’t have too much success haha. We had to be back for an appointment by 2 though so we stayed for a couple of hours and then walked back. There was some beautiful area around there though which was cool to see. I sent some pictures of the bone that was in the toilet and when we were in the middle of nowhere.

The scripture for this week is 2nd Nephi 9:20. Remember God knows everything so don’t do anything you wouldn’t want him to find out! Anyways, I love you all,

Elder Price

No comments: