Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First Transfers!

June 7, 2010

First Transfers!

Hello family, how is it going? So I got transferred to Cancun today so that’s pretty cool... ok just kidding I’m still here in Silao but I did get a new comp. Elder Arellano from Chihuahua Mexico/ California. He’s a way cool guy and really wants to work and baptize people. He got here and said ok, where are we going to go knock? So we went and knocked for a couple hours this morning so that was pretty cool. We knocked a couple of apartment complexes and had some pretty good lessons. But yeah this last week has been pretty hectic. My old comp was at a meeting in Leon Monday and Tuesday so I was on splits with the other elders. And then Wednesday I don’t remember what we did but Thursday we went to Guanajuato to baptize this kid with in a less active family. We got there though and went to fill up the font and for some reason the water was contaminated with dirt so we did a baptism in dirty water haha. My comp. made a joke that it is just more like how Jesus was baptized. So yeah that was interesting. Ill have to send you the pictures when I get them. But then after I started feeling a little bit sick so when we went to eat after I just ate a little pizza and some sprite. One of the sisters in the branch there noticed I wasn’t feeling good so she told me she knew how to cure an upset stomach. So we went to this indoor market place to buy the stuff for it. The concocture was coca-cola, lime juice, and corn starch. So I drank a cup of that and felt better... for like 30 seconds. That was when it hit me that I was going to throw up. But Mexico is not known for having a lot of garbage cans haha so you could say that I didn’t make it. It was pretty funny though. So we ended up staying the night in Guanajuato because we figured it would be bad news if I got sick on the bus haha. But yeah that was probably the most exciting part of my week. But the next day, Friday, my comp left for Leon to be zone leader so I’ve been in a trio until today. Saturday though I went out on splits with this kid who is getting ready to go on a mission. That was pretty interesting because I still don’t know all the Spanish, and he didn’t know the lessons. It was fun though. Then after lunch I went out with this return missionary. This was really cool because he knows so much and so he was a big help with some of my investigators. We really helped this one family out who has been struggling because the mom joined the church but the father and kids haven’t and they had a lot of questions that we were able to resolve. Oh and holy cow, yesterday sure started with a bang. Literally, for some reason my alarm clock didn’t go off but luckily the block parties in Mexico start and 6:30 in the morning and luckily the block parties have fireworks too. But the block party went from then until like midnight or something. Apparently they were celebrating some saint or something and I guess there is another one tomorrow. So yeah if you want to know how to throw a good block party come down to Mexico haha. But yeah my comp from the MTC just emailed me and I guess he is still at the MTC! So yeah I have no idea what’s going on with that but I bet he is just dying to get out here.
So my scripture for the week is Alma 32:28. This is the whole faith seed analogy thing but in the MTC we learned a way to tell if the seed is a good seed and you just have too remember SEED
Swell within your breasts
Enlarge your soul
Enlighten your mind
Delicious

So that’s how you know. Well that’s all for today folks....

Love you all,
Elder Price

p.s. the church is true!

No comments: