Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 8!

Que tal? Everything is going good here at the MTC. We're all on pins and needles waiting for the call for our visas. But I’m thinking if we don't get them tomorrow we for sure won't be leaving on time. I think I get to call when I find out I won't leave on time and then again when I get my new travel plans and then again at the airport. To top it all off I’ll be able to call on Mother's day too. So there is a fairly good chance I’ll get to call 4 times in one month. Pretty crazy haha. Mother, you gave me a scare this week too. I opened your dearelder last night and started reading. I was a little confused when it said something about Lanny using the toilet and then I was really surprised when I read on and it said "I'm pregnant!." I kept reading and finally figured out it was a copy of Rosey's news letter. So congratulations Rosey and Lance. I had quite the surprise though there for a couple of seconds. That was pretty cute that Spencer said I was on a mission too. I'll have 3 cousins though when I get back. Crazy! It sounds like Kyle has been having fun lately. You'll have to send some pictures sometime of him in his scout uniform and playing baseball. I don't know if you know this but you can attach pictures to emails. My comp. got a sweet picture of that volcano erupting in Iceland. That sure has thrown the MTC for a loop I think. There are alot of Elders who are backed up because of it. I know one district of German-bound missionaries got out on Tuesday though. Elder Michael Winters is supposed to be leaving on Monday though. I hope Seth will be able to make it to the MTC in England. There are a couple of missionaries here who were supposed to go to that one but can't because of the volcano. It's a bit stressful here though. There is quite a bit of stuff we have to get taken care of before we leave but we still don't know when we'll be leaving. I'm sorry these letters are boring. I promise when I get to Mexico they'll be a little bit more exciting. It's pretty much been the daily stuff here. We got to host again yesterday which was fun. The bi-polar weather was annoying at times though. At times, it would be a torrential downpour, and then the sun would come out and roast us, and then the wind would pick up and blow everything around. It reminded me of home haha.

So my scripture of the week is in Omni 1:25. it talks about the gift of tongues and interpreting of languages and then says "for there is nothing which is good save it comes from the Lord: and that which is evil cometh through the Devil" I like this scripture alot. When we judge something, we need to look at the fruits of that thing and if they are good they come from God and if it isn't good, it's from the Devil. Another interesting thing I learned not fully relating to that is something Elder Holland taught. He said there is no such thing as the word disobedience. If you are not obeying God, you must be obeying the Devil.

I'm out of time though so know I love you all! The church is true!!

Elder Price

No comments: