4-15-2010
Hello all this is Elder Price checking in for week 7. It's been a pretty routine week this week. We did find out that the chances of us not getting our visas on time are high though. We don't have flight plans or anything still. I'll get to call if it gets delayed though so I can tell you when I’ll be flying out. It's really weird, we're the oldest district in our zone now. There are only 3 districts now though (we usually have 5), so there are not as many elders on our dorm floor. It's kind of nice though I used to wake up at 6 so I could get a shower but now I can wake up at 6:20 and I don't have to wait in line at all. Right now is a slow time for the MTC because people are still in school but I guess in a couple of weeks it'll fill back up to capacity. Everything is going well here though. There's not too much to complain about and there are a lot of good things. I was a host yesterday for the new missionaries. That was kind of weird. They definitely didn't teach us how to comfort crying mothers in any of the classes here haha. It was fun though. We get to do it next week to so I’m excited for that. It's pretty cool though, Elder Michael Hunn came into the MTC last week and he, Elder Michael Winters, and I all have the same meal times so we see each other quite a bit. We're trying to organize a picture which is more complicated than it sounds because we're not allowed to take pictures in the cafeteria, or on days besides our p-days and Sundays. This poses a problem because we all have different p-days and we all have different schedules on Sunday. Elder Winters is leaving on Monday which also adds to it. It's not super important though. This week in the TRC (a fake investigator thingy) we taught a lady who's brother had just died and was drinking alcohol to make up for some of the sadness. It went fairly well, they stopped us when we started filling up the baptismal font (ok sorry that was a bad joke) but yeah Spanish is coming. It takes some work but I can see the progress. It'll be interesting though to get down there and hear all the little kids speaking a million miles an hour. It's crazy though, my teacher of mine who went to Mexico was telling us some more stuff about Mexico. He said that alot of people in Mexico haven't been further than 12 miles from where they live. Many of the people in Mexico are just focused on surviving he said. I'm excited to get down there though. I'm hoping that they can get our visa stuff worked out soon. But I guess I’ll go when I’m supposed to go. By the way my feet are doing good. The insoles are working good too. Yesterday the guy who inventor the Merril Shoes was volunteering in the missionary clinic so he had me come in and he said that they corrected 90% of the problem. They are kind of different to get used to. This week my scripture is in 2 Nephi 12:16. It's one of the chapters where Nephi is quoting Isaiah This scripture isn't spiritual or anything but is one of those little details that proves the truth of the BOM. If you go down to the footnote it explains that the Greek translation has "ships of the sea" and the Hebrew translation has "ships of tarshish." Since the Book of Mormon is translated by the power of God, it didn't lose either phrase. Yeah so I thought that it was kind of cool. It kind of goes along with 2 nephi 28:2-6 it talks about how all the other churches say that God doesn't give revelation anymore. That is the one thing that sets our church apart from the others. We believe that we receive modern day revelation which is what holds our church together and gives us the authority. Well I better get off or it's going to kick me off and you wouldn't get an email. So yeah I love you all thanks for everything, thanks for the cocoa bean cupcakes last week. I got some insulin and stuff for the diabetes they gave me ;) but church is true the Book of Mormon is true and I love you!!!!
Elder,
Raymond Dale Price
1 comment:
Always enjoy reading the updates! Thanks for posting! Sounds like you might get a call soon. ;-)
Post a Comment