Week 6!
Wow it's really crazy to think that I’m going to be going to Mexico in 2 and a half weeks. The time really has flown by. Probably because I’m too busy to ever really think about time. And I guess it might not be 2 and a half weeks because we still don't have our visas and haven't heard anything about them. Hopefully they come here soon because we're supposed to be getting flight plans next Friday. It's been kind of hit and miss for the elders going to Mexico as far as getting visas go. I guess last Friday a bunch of elders went to the consulate in Salt Lake to sign their visas and they did everything they were supposed to do and everything was ready to be sent in but one of the officials decided to take an early Easter and didn't sign them so they didn't get to leave when they were supposed to. What's this other earthquake that happened? Someone got a dearelder saying there was one but none of us recognized where it was. Sounds like California has been rockin' and rollin' lately. Good thing Mexico seems like it's doing pretty good. We've been learning quite a bit about Mexico lately which has been really fun. It sounds like such a cool place. There are some elders here from Mexico learning English and we've talked to them a bit. One of them was really jealous of us going to Leon. He said it is the best mission in Mexico because they are now one of the highest baptizing missions and I guess the weather is pretty sweet. I'm so pumped now I just need to get my Spanish down. It's coming but it's still pretty hard to remember all the conjugations and little articles and stuff. I guess English is alot harder though. Our teacher who is from Mexico has been telling us about some of the stuff. Have you ever heard of tac endings? It's when you say "we're going to the mall, aren't we." You say a phrase and then you use the negative of the verb to verify the phrase. Definitely a bit more complicated than I ever would have thought. The one thing I need to remember is the false cognate "embarasado" it sounds like embarrassed but means pregnant. One of the teachers told us a story about this sister in his mission who got up in fast and testimony meeting and said "Estoy embarassado" which means I am pregnant. You can imagine the surprise of the congregation. It didn't help when she said it was the bishop's fault. Luckily, the bishop went to the pulpit and cleared up the obvious confusion. I'm guessing the sister was really embarrassed when she figured out what she said. But yeah I thought that story was hilarious so I figured I’d share it. This week has been a good one though. I've learned quite a bit and have been enjoying myself at the same time. The MTC is truly a great place but it also is what you make it. If you have a bad attitude, you are not going to enjoy it. However, if you have a good attitude you'll come out of the MTC absolutely loving it. I've made so many friends here and alot of them I’ll probably even see after my mission cause quite a few go to BYU-I. Oh and by the way don't worry about my feet. They don't really hurt all that bad I only went in cause my teacher told me I probably should. It'll be good though to get it fixed. But conference was amazing. It was really cool to know that I’m one of those 51 thousand something missionaries that are out right now. There was quite a bit of stuff about overcoming trials and family which should be good to teach when I’m out on my mission. It sounds like you've been getting the same weather as us though. It's been off and on snowing and sunny for the past few weeks. We can finally go without suit coats though because it's supposedly spring haha, I’m still waiting for the weather to figure that out though.
My branch pres. wouldn't be too happy with me but I’m going to share a scrip out of the New Testament. It's in 2 Cor. 5:7 it says "(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)" I love this scripture. The smiley face at the end makes me feel that if we do what the spirit tells us, we'll be happy. I don't remember which talk it was in conference but it said something about not taking worldly advice for spiritual decisions and seeing our life is composed of quite a bit spiritual decisions especially out in the mission field.
Well know that I love you all and think about you every once in a while. The church is true.
Love Elder Price
No comments:
Post a Comment