Thursday, April 1, 2010

MTC week 5!

April 1, 2010

Hey family,

Yeah, so that was pretty weird hearing you talk on the phone haha I about said something but figured I probably shouldn't. The whole doctor thing was kind of weird I figured I had just fractured a bone in my foot or something come to find out I have phereiscitis or something crazy like that. (Raymond had to go see a podiatrist for “arch pain”. It was pretty weird because I was talking to the Dr on the phone with Raymond right there, but I couldn’t talk to him. All is well- he has plantar fasciitis- most likely from all the basketball-which should be easily corrected with custom orthotics.) Is there a history of that in our family cause he said it was genetic? But I guess it's probably a blessing that it started hurting now instead of when I was down in Mexico. That would not have been very good at all. It was pretty weird leaving the MTC too. After being in the same place for 5 weeks the real world is kind of scary... haha ok that's a bit of a stretch. I was hoping for a pit stop at like Texas roadhouse or something but apparently that is very frowned upon. It's a good thing I went when I did cause it takes 2 weeks to make the little shoe thing. Other than that the week has been pretty normal so far.
I did wear opposite shoes again yesterday and didn't notice till dinner so I felt pretty stupid about that. The building we are staying in decided to play an April fools joke on us and didn't give us any hot water this morning. That was kind of a bummer but I took a shower last week so I should be good for a while. (Ok so I took one last night... so sue me, or actually don't), but yeah, the MTC is still going pretty good. Oh and let me tell you those new mattresses are amazing I sleep so much better. But yeah it's probably going to be a pretty big change going from these to the ones in Mexico. It's been raining and snowing quite a bit this last week here too. This morning we woke up and there was probably 2 inches of snow.

Sounds like you had a pretty fun weekend last week. That's pretty cool that Kyle got to go to a real zoo for the first time but it's too bad that alot of the animals still weren't out. It sounds like the young women's broadcast was pretty fun. That's pretty cool that you all got to go to it. I'm way pumped for conference this week. I can honestly say I’ve never looked forward to 10 hours of conference this much. But pretty much everything is cancelled those 2 days so we'll just watch conference and study what we need to all day. That will be a good break from the regular schedule. I just need to make sure to get there early enough so I can have some soft seats or it'll be a long couple of hours.

I haven't really told you much about my district so I’ll say some. One of them, Elder Jonathon Jarman is from Bountiful, UT and his dad invented clear play which is pretty cool. He also went to EFY with Emily Longmore and Justin Donaldson I found out. He is currently the district leader. His companion is Elder Christopher Jackson and he's from Moses Lake Washington. He went to BYU-I but I didn't know him we're thinking about rooming after the mish. though. My comp is elder Eric Paustenbaugh from Stillwater, OK and he is probably one of the funniest kids I know. He's a really hard worker too which is good. All four of us are in a room and then there is my old comp. Elder Tanner Tew from SLC who is best friends with former Gov. Huntsman's son so he has some pretty crazy story about the governor’s mansion. His comp is Elder Pinther from Rupert ID. He'll be a good missionary once he gets over his girlfriend.

K my scripture for this week is 1 Nephi 4:6 and ether 12:6. we don't always know what the spirit wants us to but he will guide us and everything will work out if we complete our "trial of faith" we will get our witness. I have got to go though I love you all so just don't do anything I wouldn't do... twice. Remember the church is true and God loves us!

Love,
Elder Raymond Dale Price

No comments: