Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving!!!

November 21, 2011
Thanksgiving!!!

Well as many of you might know, thanksgiving is only an American holiday but today we celebrated thanksgiving in our own special way.  There is a restaurant called sirloin stockade and it´s an all you can eat American food restaurant so we went there a little while ago.  Not going to lie it was absolutely amazing.  They had roast beef mashed potatoes, turkey, Hawaiian pork, ribs, different kinds of pie, and just a whole bunch of different stuff.  It definitely hit the spot haha.  It was probably weird for them all to see like 6 Americans eating a ton of food and one of the serving ladies asked why we were all named Elder, i thought about telling her that our mom´s all knew each other before haha but i didn´t.  So that was the highlight for the day I’d have to say. 
This week was an interesting week for us.  Pretty much all week I was here in Leon with Elder Saldivar (the one who had his appendix taken out) but as you might have guessed, he couldn´t really work too much so we would take the van to visit a few investigators a day.  He´s pretty much better now though and is back in Silao.  We didn´t get too much work done but Rocio is really progressing a lot and also the Estrada family is doing better.  We had a pretty cool lesson with Fabian´s dad on Friday.  I´m pretty sure he knows it is true but he is really involved in the Catholic church so it is difficult for him to change.  He says that he is going to come to church with us next Sunday though.  Elvia was progressing really well until her baptismal interview on Friday, I guess she prayed and had a really strong impression that she needed to go back to the Catholic church one more time just to make she was making the right decision in getting baptized.  We are a little worried though because we haven´t been able to get a hold of her for a while.  Also, Ricardo is still progressing but has some challenges so we´ll see if he´s ready to get baptized this week.  We picked up a new investigator as well this week that seems pretty cool.  We had a ward family home evening activity on Saturday and one of the members brought this girl that is like 20 who is living with them that helps take care of the members mom.  She has read a little in the book of Mormon and is interested in taking the discussions.  It´s really weird though because she´s from the state of Jalisco and in that state there are a lot of people of French descent from when the French invaded Mexico so she is blonde and blue eyed which is really rare for this part of Mexico.  So we are going to start teaching her at the member´s house this week so hopefully she progresses, 
I´m pretty sure I’m going to leave the offices this next change, President asked me the other day how I felt about training and asked where I wanted to go to finish my mission.  I figured that I would be leaving though because usually they have missionaries train their last few months and I haven´t ever trained.  I´m excited for the new challenge though.  Well, I’ve got to get going but enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!! And don´t let the black Friday craze take control ;)
2 Nephi 26:24 “He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw call men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.”
This is a really cool verse.  I like how he says that he doesn´t do anything that doesn´t benefit the world and he desires the salvation for all.  All we have to do is partake of it but living the gospel of Jesus Christ which is faith in Him, repentance, baptism, receive the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end.  Those 5 things are all that we need to do, he did the rest.
Love,
Elder Price
p.s. 21 months on Thursday!

No comments: