Monday, November 14, 2011

Silao!!


This week had some surprises for us here in the mission.  One of the elders had appendicitis on Wednesday that was in Silao so on Saturday I went to take his spot to work with his companion.  It was super weird going to Silao again because I was there for church on Sunday as well.  The branch seems to be doing well still, they had some problems with some missionaries a little while back but they are starting to have some more success this week.  It is pretty cool because one of the member families we were working with is getting sealed next month.  The dad was less active but now he is going to church again.  I also had the "opportunity" to give a talk haha.  On Saturday we went and visited one of the counselors in the branch presidency and reminded Elder Rivera that we were going to talk.  I looked over at him and he had one of those "oh shoot" looks on his face haha.  So I had a whole lot of time Saturday night and Sunday morning to prepare the talk (sarcastic tone right there).  It went well though, I was thinking about it and it’s kind of interesting because the very first Sunday that I was there I gave a talk as well.  

As far as it goes in our area here in Arbide, Rocio got baptized!!! It was a really awesome baptism though, definitely one of the best in my mission.  Her family has all been members for years but she never wanted to listen to the missionaries until now.  Her niece was born pretty sick though about a year and a half ago and she really started looking for God and one of her sisters started telling her about the church and then passed the reference to us.  Also, Ricardo and Elvia are progressing pretty good, I haven’t seen them for a few days but my companion says that they still are wanting to get baptized this week.  We are still trying to find some new investigators though, our teaching pool is not as big as we would like it to be right now.  

This next week should be interesting though, I might go back to Silao for a few days or maybe Irapuato, I guess it just depends on what the president says.  

 
Nephi 4:6 And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.    I really like this scripture because it talks about when Nephi went back for the brass plates but didn’t know exactly where to go.  Sometimes in life we don’t know what we are supposed to do before but we need to learn to trust in the Spirit to guide us.  I know that this is true and if we trust in the Spirit he can really guide us.

Love,
Elder Price




 Silao Branch


Rocio Baptism

No comments: