Hola familia, just checking in here from AGUASCALIENTES. Yep that’s right I got changed today and now I’m in the state of Aguascalientes in the suburb/city of Jesus Maria. It’s pretty crazy here because if you remember right my trainer was elder grey and he just finished his mission today and I got transferred into his area and went up as senior companion. So yeah it’s still a little weird to think that I’m pretty much in charge of my own area now. My companion is really cool though, his name is Elder Clinton Smith from good old McCammon, ID so yeah that’s pretty crazy as well haha. He has 1 change less than I do so we are a fairly young companionship. The area is looking pretty good though we have 4 baptisms coming up the next week and 2 confirmations this week. Another thing that is different as well is that I’m actually in a ward. The ward here has an attendance of 160 people which is about 3 times as much as the branch was in Guanajuato. I guess I’ll tell you a little bit about the past week in Guanajuato though. We went to a zone meeting and the mission is starting to try and change a little bit about how we work. They only want us knocking for 1-2 hours a day and the rest of the time they want us to visit members, recent converts and less active members. So the past week we started doing that and it worked out pretty well for us. There is a really cool experience that we had too while doing this. Thursday night in our planning session we were praying to know which of the inactive members on the ward list that is 24 pages long that we should visit. We found this one random family that we felt like we should go visit so we put them down in our planners. The next day, we went to the district president’s house to see if he could visit a part member family with us and he told us he had a reference for us to visit. He said he was walking down the street and saw some guy on crutches struggling trying to carry something. He went and helped him and took the opportunity to talk a little about the church and that there are missionaries that can give blessings to people. He agreed and also mentioned that his wife was a member of the church but was inactive. So later that night, we went with the president to visit him and it was really crazy, it ended up that the family whose name we put down, was this guy’s wife and mother-in-law. Coincidence? I think not haha, we were definitely guided by the spirit to find this family and he agreed to be baptized and also went to church which is about a mile away, on his crutches. So that was a really cool experience to be involved with. As well something else that was pretty cool was later that night, we were walking down the street and all of a sudden I hear someone yell something at us so I looked back and there was this guy that is about 20 years old and he asked me if I was from the church of the last saints so we told him we were and then he explained to us that he had just moved from the state of Chihuahua and was looking for the church because he met the missionaries about 3 weeks ago and wanted to be baptized but moved before they could baptize him. So he went to church yesterday and we challenged him to be baptized and he agreed to be baptized this Wednesday. Also, yesterday 5 investigators from a part member family went to church yesterday so they should be baptizing them the next week as well. So all in all I can definitely say that I’m content with the progress we made in the time that I was in Guanajuato. The area was pretty dead when I got there and the members didn’t really want to help us too much but they have seen our efforts and are now letting the missionaries teach there friends which is definitely the best way to do missionary work. I’m really excited for this area though, it looks like we will be getting some success here. But I would appreciate some prayers haha. One more random thing, this morning I had the opportunity to meet the parents of Elder Grey in the bus station so that was really cool as well haha. But that’s about it haha.
Scripture of the week. 2 Nephi 9:21. “And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam”. This is a really good scripture to think about. It talks about how Jesus came into the world to save us if we listen to his voice. The atonement is here for us to use, we just have to decide to use it.
Elder Price
p.s. the church is true!!
No comments:
Post a Comment