Thursday, March 11, 2010

Letter Number 2

Hola! How goes everything at the home front? This week hasn't been near as exciting as last week as far as me doing dumb things that get me embarrassed. I did have one though. During class Ihad my chair leaned back against the wall because after sitting in a chair for 3 hours it's nice to change the position of the chair. I had done it before but i guess i got a little bit too confident in myself and i tried to put my feet on my desk. This did not work in part because the chairs have wheels on them. I landed on my back but i guess it was one of the funniest falls in the world because it took like 10 seconds because I almost recovered from it a couple of times. So I guess gravity won this round. This week has absolutely flown by though. Now that we're in a routine, the days are starting to turn into weeks. They have a saying around here which is the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. This is so true. Usually I can't even remember what I did in the morning when Igo to bed at night. Oh and yes I received that package and it was really nice. I'm going to send my camera home one of these days so hopefully they can fix it somehow. I feel bad stealing Nicoles. I'm planning on printing and sending some pictures sometime this week too. Oh and by the way do you think you could track down Maren Thomas's address at BYU? She sent me some cookies and I should probably send her a thank you. It sounds like Kyle is quite the wrestler. That's pretty good for him to get a bronze medal at his first tournament. That's too bad about Highland too. They had a really good season. It was really cool. We just got back from our weekly visit to the temple where we did sealings. This Mexican lady was in our group thing and just bawling during the whole. She didn't speak English, but after I went and talked to her a little and found out she's from northern Mexico. She seemed pretty excited when we told her we were going to be serving in Mexico. I can't wait to go down there and teach people like her. Mexico seems like a pretty cool place. One of my teachers is a native of Mexico going to BYU right now and he's been telling us about it. Apparently they eat 4 big meals a day but we only going to get one of them and we have to provide for ourselves the rest of the meals. It's weird too, I guess in Mexico they don't think of people from the USA as Americans. They think of everyone on the American continent as Amereicans. They also think of North and South America as one continent. This pretty much shattered my world because I had gone through my whole life thinking there were 7 continents and now there are only 6! The weather has been really weird here though. Last Thursday it was an absolutely beautiful day. We were walking to the temple talking about how we might not see snow anymore for 2 years. I think we jinxed the city though because about 2 hours later it was snowing and by the end of the day there was probably about 4 inches. The next day was all sunny again though so it just melted. Sorry i'm just talking about random stuff by the way. Nothing really different happens so i guess you might be hearing about the weather for a couple of weeks haha. Oh also i was inducted into the "Elderitos." This is a very exclusive club in my zone. It was started by an Elder who left right before I got here. The requirements for the club are you have to be short and you have to be good looking (I think the second requirement is just to make us feel good about ourselves) :). But right now there's only 2 members and one of them is leaving soon so I'm in charge of continuing the tradition. It's kind of a bummer too. My branch pres. is getting released soon. He's such a good guy and has taught me a ton in just the couple of weeks that i've been here. I don't remember if I said last week that he told us to send our bibles home because we're Book of Mormon missionaries. It's also pretty cool. On Sunday they lifted the "no contact" policy which didn't allow us to shake hands. That was always kind of weird especially when we were meeting people because it is such a big part of our culture. Well thanks for all your letters I always appreciate getting them. I love you all. Thank you for being such a great family I know that I would not be the person I am today without you all. Remember to do everything you're supposed to. Remember the church is true and i'm in the right place.

con el amor,
Elder Raymond Dale Price

No comments: